Transition Bikes Patrol 27.5 Full Suspension

The all new Patrol gives you the control of a downhill bike perfectly balanced with a lively and jumpy personality for a comfortable, efficient and fun ride in almost any trail condition. The Patrol is long and low with a slack 65 degree head angle and big wheelbase for tremendous stability in rowdy terrain.

[Feb 24, 2015]
Josh R
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Amazing geometry, you can just ride this bike hard with great confidence. It climbs incredibly well for an Enduro bike, almost no rear shock bob/play when climbing, I found when getting out of the saddle it still just dug in and pulled up the steeper sections.
Awesome fun downhill, really nimble and playful, although it is a heavier bike than my old Trance it feels a lot more nimble and it wants to be thrown around. It’s a good looking bike too, Frame appears super well-built and well engineered. You can tell a lot of effort has gone into making this bike a super fun ride.

I wish I didn't have to go to work so I could just ride it every day!

I just picked it up my Transition Patrol last weekend, I got the XL, I am 6'4 and weigh 96KG (211 pounds), I have been riding it hard since picking it up and so far I am incredibly impressed.

I have been riding a Giant Trance X2 for the last 4 years so a big step change, I was concerned about the 1x11 drive-train, shouldn't have been worried at all, the Patrol climbs like a demon with this setup, I love the fact there is no front derailleur too, it’s a quiet ride and super smooth.

As a tall rider I am finding the fit of the XL good, quite a long reach, obviously being an Enduro I am a little more stooped over when climbing, I may need a higher rise on the handle bar as back a little sore on the climbs ( my back has been bad for years though)

I bought it as frame only option and the guys at Dirt Merchants here in Wellington built it up for me working within my budget ($5k NZD) Spec’d with; Pike Fork, Monarch Debonair Rear Shock, Rockshox Reverb dropper post, RaceFace crank, Alex Rims -44, Maxxis tyres, Shimano SLX Brakes, all working really well so far even if it is early days. I didn’t cut corners on the fork, shock or seat dropper. I will probably upgrade the wheel set at some point but this set-up got me riding,

Super stoked with this ride and I highly recommend the Patrol if you are in the market for a new Enduro / All Mountain bike.