Scott Genius 710 27.5 Full Suspension

The all new Genius 710 features a totally re-designed frame optimized for 27.5" (650b) wheels. The HMF carbon frame is offered in 150mm travel and high end component spec. This is THE ultimate Trail bike.

• Frame: Genius 27.5 Carbon HMF
  • Fork: FOX 34 Talas 650b Factory, 3 modes, 150-120-Lockout
  • Shock: Scott DT Nude2, 3 modes, 150-100-Lockout
  • Group: Shimano XT
  • Brakes: Shimano XT
  • Parts: Syncros TR 1.5
  • Wheels: Syncros TR 2.0 27.5?

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 06, 2014]
    jkovaly

OVERALL
    Strength:

very stiff, accurate sizing, suspension system works extremely well, excellent ground clearance, twinloc system is fantastic.

nothing aside from the lack of Kashima coating on the Fox factory series shock and suspension fork, at this level (and price tag) I expected corners like this not to be cut.

I am writing this a little over a month since I picked up the 2014 Genius 710 27.5, so far everything is great. I demo'd several 27.5 bikes and spent waay too many hours analyzing differences over a period of 6 mos before I made this purchase. Most of the bikes I tried out were great in their own way, but in the end the Scott Genius edged the others out, to me it just felt and rode better. I was looking for a "trail" bike, somewhere between cross-country and all-mountain, to fit my style of riding and had these main objectives (important to me) in mind while considering the options: 1. good geometry, fairly steep seat tube for powering up hills and a head tube angle that allows me to bomb downhill but doesn't let the front end become "light" on uphills - not just the specs but how it actually worked 2. 13.5-14" of BB clearance - I hate pedal strikes 3. 130-150mm of suspension 4. accurate sizing - I felt some of the size L bikes I tested were oddly sized, good wheelbase and seat tube length but short top tubes forced me to an XL or required using a really long stem - the Scott sizing is spot on 5. weight under 30lbs w/pedals - I'm not a weight weenie but there are some heavy 650b bikes out there. The suspension system is not fancy, sort of a "faux bar", but it works extremely well. The bike is so stiff it almost feels like I am riding a fully rigid bike on smooth cross country terrain, but it immediately soaks up all the hits, big or small, when the trail gets rough, this bike is really smooth! At first I thought the twinloc system, which changes damping on the front and rear Fox CTD suspension at the same with one click, was a marketing ploy but it really does make a difference and I found myself using it a LOT after just a couple of rides. The Rockshox Reverb Stealth dropper post is amazing, not sure how I lived without one for so long. I had concerns about the Fox 32 150mm Fox suspension fork being "flexy" since most 2014 bikes running more than 140mm of travel have 34mm stanchions, but after testing both sizes many times I could not tell a difference, and the 32mm weighs less. After the snow melted, I was able to ride complete trails and already cleaned one particular trail I was never able to even on the Stumpjumper. This bike is great fun, it just works. Shout out to the guys at Adrenalin Cycles and Elevation Cycles for all the time and effort they spent working with me on the demos!