Santa Cruz Nomad 27.5 Full Suspension

Best Price At
Available At

An aggressive 65 degree head angle delivers V10 handling at Syndicate speeds. We've also added a V10-style upper link, increased VPP travel to 165mm and improved small bump performance.

[Jun 11, 2018]
Fecebe

OVERALL
Strength:

For 8 years I have used nomads, I love how it works, especially how it moves when it comes downhill, agile, smooth and incredible. When it came to climbing, it did well. I enjoyed every moment...

I changed my old aluminum Nomad for a 2017 CC, and in less than a year I found a crack on the frame. I did the whole warranty process and they told me they would change it, 7 months later I havn´t recive it. It may be the best bike in the world, but if you can´t ride it for manufacturing faults it does not work.

[Aug 23, 2017]
Derek

OVERALL
Strength:

Strengths, what do you consider strengths of a bike you own? I can say that I have had my Nomad for two years, it still makes me want to go out and ride and puts a smile on my face. I am 50ty and have done jumps on this bike I wouldn't attempt on my other bikes. It downhills really well, fast, smooth and flick-able. I have a 180mm fork and a Vivid shock. I run Minon DH tires on Enve rims. The bikes is 29.30lbs. The bike climbs pretty well and is just super fun to ride.

The Enve rims, not a big fan. Hard to change tire or fix on the trail The XX1 casset broke at the 8th cogg.

I rode it back to back against an Evil Wreckoning in Santa Cruz and at N.Star. The Evil was smoother on some of the DH, but not by much. The Nomad jumped better and in my opinion was more fun to ride. With the way the bike industry changes their product and the price they demand, this would be a good used bike to buy for a person who wants to get an outstanding Enduro bike and doesn't want to go broke buying new. . I do want to try a 2018 Nomad to compare and if it rides better I may get one, but to drop another 7 to 10 on a bike it has to be way better.

Evil Wreckoning, Specialized Enduro etc.

[Feb 04, 2015]
BWMARSHALL

OVERALL
Strength:

Build kit on the XO1 couldn't be much better, cable routing is awesome, it goes downhill like a bomb. The SC carbon 800 bar and Peaty grips are rad! Neutral handling and very happy in the air, the bike lives for steep and fast. It also climbs really well, but makes you work it on steeper more technical climbs. Not an X/C bike... but the one I keep reaching for first. The murdered out black looks awesome, my boys call it the Darth Vader bike.

The stock WTB rims need steroids and a trip to the gym... a bit narrow for a bike that comes alive pointed down. Take a page from the YT Capra and the E.13 TRS+ rims. I have to run more pressure than I'd like to keep from peeling the tires off. Other than that, and a cheap seat... the bike just RULES. The stock seat was the first thing to go...

Not the same climber as my Tallboy LTc, and more work on less technical more flowing trails... but WAY more fun pointed downhill, and more fun all around. The handling in corners, off jumps and through the chunder just rules. The bike just swallows up gnarly trail. The Nomad loves to go fast. The Pike and Monarch ride high in travel compared to what I'm used to, but at the speed the Nomad likes to carry, actually feel just right. Want to just launch off huge jumps? No problem, the suspension just sucks it up. Get too stupid, the big XT rotors bring you back to sanity. Great bike, Santa Cruz really nailed it! Screaming fast pointed downhill, pedal back up with basically no drama. Rad!

Tallboy LTc. Bronson. 5010. A couple Intense bikes... Cannondale. GT. Litespeed. Vassago (not really, single speed hard tail?) Specialized.

[Jan 19, 2015]
Knobby4me

OVERALL
Strength:

Build kit, penance for pointing downhill, cable routing, looks. The stock WTB wheels are ok but not to the quality of the bike. The black on black is simple yet mean and aggressive looking. I like the blue and magenta too, it looks better in person. Most fun I've had trail riding when it points down. Capable uphill too.

Another great example of a 1x frame designed without a front DR. Good tire selection and 5 chilies for the SC 800mm carbon bar and Reverb dropper post selection.

Took some time to dial in the suspension and really still not quite perfect. The 175 cranks strike more than acceptable, the additional cost for the ENVE is laughable but that's not SCs fault. Should mention that climbing the technical slow vertical the front wheel dives left and right due to the slack geo. Don't mind because I know the advantage going down. Cheap Volt saddle was replaced.

Had the bike for a half dozen long rides at Santa Cruz and Skeggs so far and can't quite identify the added fun factor in comparison to other rides I've had. It's not as fast or good at climbing as as my Spec E29 but the 27.5 and the slack geo make this a super fun bike to ride. New to VPP suspension other than a 2007 Heckler from way back. There is something that seems natural about the VPP in comparison to the FSR on the E29 on technical downhills. It has a playful feel and is very stable in the air. It does not climb like an XC bike and it's not supposed to. How does it climb? Averaging 3000' per ride and its extremely capable given its geo, and weight. On faster less technical flow rides I missed the 29er. With all that being said, this bike would not be my first choice for a do-it-all bike. For that I would pick the E29. The Nomad puts a grin on my face and I've yet to get it to Northstar for some lift assisted fun. Getting up for a ride with technical downhill in mind I wouldn't want any other machine.

Spec Epic 29 SW, Spec E29 SW

[Sep 29, 2014]
rider_X

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything...

price... well no cheaper kit options

I rented this bike on my trip to colorado for about 1 and a half weeks. it was amazing. it climbed better than my specialized epic and descended like a true downhill bike. the suspension was so amazing i went off huge jumps i would've never attempted with any of my normal bikes. even though it weighed about 28 lbs and had a suspension range of 165mm I destroyed my cousin on the uphill climbs (he was riding a sc 5010). this was the most amazing bike i have ever ridden. rode X01 set up with Fox 36 Rc2 160 Kashima and rockshox monarch plus

Santa Cruz Blur

[Sep 24, 2014]
Beratlis

OVERALL
Strength:

Well........Everything!

On this bike, nothing.

A good friend of mine purchased one when they first came out and raved about it. On one of our rides I tried it climbing and descending for just a few minutes and made the decision to get one ASAP! After I purchased the Nomad I realized I didn't need my 2012 V10 anymore after railing the runs at Northstar better than I ever did before. The bike actually feels like a super plush DH bike going downhill, but as soon as you point it uphill it changes personalities and climbs like a well mannered XC bike. I don't know how Santa Cruz achieved a split personality bike like this! This might really be the one and only bike you'll ever need - It's that good.

Enduro S Works, V10, Driver 8, VP Free, Kona Stinky, Blur LTc

• Available At
$4299

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.