Raleigh Kodiak 27.5 Full Suspension

The Kodiak will never let you work weekends. It will taunt you with its desire to shred during every one of your waking moments. The Kodiak's trail geometry uses 27.5" tires and 120mm of suspension to encourage you to hit every jump on the trail, and on your first ride you'll be cleaning lines you never thought were possible. The alloy frame is ready to take a dropper post and the tapered headtube and front and rear thru axles mean a solid and stable drift thru the corners.

[Sep 05, 2019]
rschuttinger1

OVERALL
Strength:

I have the Kodiak 1 and 2. Really surprised at the 1 as the suspension isn't the highend that you would like but the suntour forks on this can handle so much terrain. I wouldn't take it downhill on a regular basis but for trail riding and squeezing in the easier trails at a bike park for a day it does really well.

The paint job is sort of bland.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
[Oct 27, 2017]
Rob Pasco
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

The Frame is very robust.( 2017 ) Kodiak 2 ,1 x 11...148mm plus 17in. frame. It is built as strong as any Downhill/ Freeride bike i raced on, in the late 90`s to early 2000`s. The Head angle is nice and slack ( 67 degrees ) for a trail bike. The rear suspension is labeled at 120mm travel, but it actually measures 135mm. The Suntour Radion 120mm fork works nice now that i made it an oil bath. Heck, don`t let the 32mm stanchions scare you. I was able to squeeze another 10mm of travel out by changing out one of the negative springs thus creating a taller starting point.. I was racing Downhill with 32mm Rockshox Boxxers back in the day. I like the Plus size tires, It reminds me of the Nokian Gazzaloddi tires i rode on. No slop at all in single pivot.

The Yoke at were the swing arm houses the pivot bearings makes me think it is a little under built, but Raleigh tells me they have had no problems with breakage.

I am 54 years old and can still Haul Ass on this bike. I am 155 lbs and it makes me feel like i am 30 again. Rock gardens and Death drops are no big deal with this set up. Remember this is the 2017 Red Kodiak 2 . The bike should really be labeled as a Trail / All Mountain bike.