Intense Tracer T275 Carbon 27.5 Full Suspension

Available At

The Tracer T275 carbon marks the next step for Intense in its continued campaign to lead and elevate design and innovation for the sport’s Enduro segment. The new bike embodies the perfect balance of beauty and aggression while delivering an unprecedented ride quality.

The carbon monocoque construction combines a solid one-piece front triangle while the new geometry features a slacker headangle, lower bottom bracket and shorter chainstays. Integrated 142 X 12 dropouts mean fewer parts and offer a simpler approach and more pure design. Also noteworthy is a new internally-guided cable routing system that allows for flawless assembly and easier maintenance.

But most impressive is the ride. Toss a leg over one and see for yourself.

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesomely responsive/ corners great. Absolute trail shredder that climbs no problem. 3 hrs rides all day

Stock monarch rock shock holds the bike back. Replaced it with a Risse j5 - Completely different bike - climbs with much more traction- the air shock is like climbing tech sections with your rear tire inflated to 50 psi- so much more traction with the Risse. Decending with this shock is comparable to rising a Banchee legend downhill bike. The Risse makes it equally plush and the shock added 5mm to the stroke so the travel is super progressive. I was kinda worried about going to coil since the tracer was designed with an air shock but it was completely the right decision to switch. Very glad I made the change The Risse shocks have the longest strokes for a given shock length with ups the travel and the last few millimeters of added stroke prevent bottoming because that’s where the linkages get progressive I’ve had numerous Risse shocks and they are super reliable and easy to rebuild at home if necessary. I haven’t changed a seal for years and I ride weekly year round. Also you can revalve the shocks easily because they have a shim stack. Best upgrade I made to the bike. In fact I liked it so much I put a j5 on my CARBINE 29 also

[Jul 07, 2018]
jcrichie

OVERALL
Strength:

An amazing bike once you get the Cane Creek DB Air dialed in. Very confidence inspiring. I took a few years off from riding and after a couple of rides this summer this bike had me taking drops just like before. If you want to fly downhills and still have a very good climber, especially on technical climbs, then this is your bike. It may sound crazy to pay almost $10k for a bike, but it's totally worth it.

You really need to spend the time to dial in the DB Air....makes it a totally different bike.

9500.00
2016
[Nov 19, 2016]
CalPolyMTB

OVERALL
Strength:

Takes anything I can throw it with, makes me feel like a pro

You get what you pay for..., but you'll pay.

Just worth every penny- got a 2016 YE close out from CBO and just love at first ride. Took a few rides to get tuned and geo setup, suspension might need a hair less air in the pike but super close and dominant. You know when you watch the pros riding rock gardens and their air-ing kickers in middle as if the whole things isn't gnarled basketballs and jagged edges- yea it's like that. You go from hanging on getting hammered to plowing super gnar like the sidewalk. I came from a Giant AC1. Can't be explained except feel..., and that you'll be the guy waiting at the bottom for you buddies. Oh yea, and it climbs great too. :)

[Jun 08, 2015]
Jason

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty much everything. This bike as shown itself to be extremely well rounded for all types of riding.

Pivots bolts loosen up from the factory after a few rides. Fixed by adding some blue loctite to the threads.

First time I rode the bike I was amazed at it's pedaling efficiency, I was coming from a 26" Enduro that was ok but certainly not great in terms of efficiency and climbing. I figured this bike may not be as good on the downs as the Enduro but I was wrong. It took a few rides to get used to how stiff and nimble the bike was on the downs, The bike is fast, really fast actually. This has been the most enjoyable bike I have owned to date. Being able to climb the mountains I do with the Tracer is awesome because the downs are fun and rewarding for the work on the way up. It's also extremely quiet compared to past bikes I have owned and ridden. I certainly give this bike a 5 overall!

Specialized Enduo 26"

[Sep 10, 2014]
ymi5150?

OVERALL
Strength:

Climbability, downhill stability, handling, cockpit position, trail appeal

mediocre bottom bracket selection and no upgrade currently available

Unbelievable bike. tested S/C Tallboy LTC, Trek 9.x, Carbine 29, Bronson, Stumpjumper FSR and there was something unique about this bike that is difficult to explain. Maybe intuitive is the right word. any condition - up, down sideways, in the air, loose terrain, and its ready to rock n roll. reminds me of my old M3. perfectly balanced and makes average drivers excellent. not temperamental and squirrelly like a Turbo 911.
I was looking for a F/S bike that could climb very efficiently with a more upright down hill cockpit position. This nailed it.
Pricey and rare on the used market. Keep your eyes peeled and jump on one if you see it.

[May 16, 2014]
Anthony

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike is truly a downhill a formula one,moto gp star!! especially when u step on the gas,the bike seems come Into its own comfort zone.

I'm sure there's something....just haven't found it yet ;)

I'm not a "review"kind of rider, so I truly don't know how so many can write such specific details about what is happening while their Mtb riding? but I can try tell you the overall feeling I get while riding this intense fantasy. In my opinion most current up to date high-end Mtbikes climb relatively similar as long as your component set up is comparable. Where you truly can notice a difference on this t275 intense is when you point it down and let it go.....my particular bike is set up with a pike in the front and a fox rear shock simply because I ride with a Bottle water set up,which btw you can do on this bike always nice to have options . The bike feels like your in a slow motion go pro clip, even though your at full speed, the bottom line is an incredibly controlled rocket ship :)

[May 12, 2014]
RadsRider

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light, best geometry and suspension I've had on a trail bike by far.

Could use more lube and loctite on assembly. Not a problem, though, easily sussed out. All good now.

I've been on an Ibis HD with Fox 36 VAN for 3 1/2 years and I loved every moment on that bike. It was the king and it would take a lot to dethrone that bike. Well, the Intense has challenged and won.

The Tracer T275 is so refined that my overall riding experience is truly elevated. I agree with most of Dodger's comments (with the exception of the climbing characteristics) but the geometry is exactly what I need. Once I traded the 740mm bars for 780, the fit and handling was spot on in every aspect. The bike is so stable at speed but can still transition from turn to turn with amazing quickness. The combination of wheelbase, long front center, bb height, and short stem and chainstays contribute to such incredible overall performance. Not to mention weighing under 27 lbs!

The Pike/DB Air combo is one tough suspension to beat. So tunable with no weight penalty, stays up in the geometry in the steeps, climbs with a vengeance. It came with a 32t ring on the XX1 drivetrain, but I changed it to a 30 to help with our local steep terrain yet it still had enough legs for the occasional pace line out the canyon. XTR brakes rule, but I do rarely overheat the 7 inch rotors on the longer, steeper downs. I'll keep 'em since they're fantastic 99.9% of the time with true 1 finger operation. The ENVE carbon wheels with DT Swiss wheels are a real contribution to ride feel. Torsionally stiff and light with real vibration damping that is clearly noticeable. I installed some Mallet DH Race pedals to add some power and platform to the turns, now it's the ultimate trail bike. Long live the King.

[May 08, 2014]
Alex Willie

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light, nimble yet stable, climbs like a machine, traction everywhere, true "enduro" race bike.

Price

Stiffest bike I've ever ridden, super responsive and can handle anything you will throw at it! It's light and nimble enough to be able to place the bike where you want it, but you're still able to point it down the hill and let the bike take the rough choppy stuff as well. Truly blown away by this bike, can't say enough good things about it.

• Available At

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.