Fuji Auric 27.5 Full Suspension

Auric’s revolutionary performance stems from the MLink™ suspension platform, a four bar linkage system that uses a mid-length linkage in the rear triangle. This combines the suspension tuning previously possible only on short link systems with the geometry advantages of long link systems, enticing even the most insatiable rippers to drop in. MLink’s longer links rotate slower than short link systems, creating less stress on pivot bearings.

[Mar 26, 2019]
localguitarhero

OVERALL
Strength:

Climbs well, but still handles downhill like a 160mm travel bike should, jumps well, whips well, and handle's drops like it should.

2x10 drivetrain isn't my favorite, on hard landings if I'm in the wrong gear and pedal backwards the chain comes off the front chainring until I pedal a full rotation forward which is annoying on big jump lines when it happens between jumps and there isn't time for a full rotation before the next jump.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2017
[Mar 06, 2016]
hikerdave

OVERALL
Strength:

Just riding along on a smooth flat trail, there's very little suspension motion -- there really is not need to use the provided suspension lockout.

Internally routed cables go into the down tube a little closer to my legs when I'm off the bike than I want -- afraid I might kink a cable if I'm not careful getting off the bike. Don't really like those Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires -- they might get better if run tubeless though.

This review is for the 1.7 model, which has 2 x 10 gearing. (As an older mountain biker, I need that granny gear to get up the hill. The bike is set up with value-priced components, all of which work very well. One finger braking is no problem, and the shifting is perfect.

On the flats, the bike feels just like any other bike with less travel even though I have setup the suspension fairly plush. Ascending a rocky trail isn't much of a problem -- It feels like the head angle is steeper than 67 degrees because it doesn't take too much of a forward position to keep the front wheel on the ground. Descending a steep rocky trail with the seat post down I find that I don't need to get very far back over the rear wheel to get braking traction and have less of a need to shift my position back when breaking or forward when turning -- with this bike I can kind of stay in the middle and just let the bike rock over the rocks. The disadvantage of the bike is that downhill sections of the trail now seem a lot shorter because I'm a little less involved.