Diamondback Release 27.5 Full Suspension

Best Price At

The Release Represents The State Of Modern Trail Riding: A Slack Mid-Travel Mountain Bike That's Fast All Over-Climbs, Tech Sections, And Heavy Descents.

Available Models:

• Release 1
  • Release 2
  • Release 3

[Jun 10, 2016]
Darth Pinche
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Bottomless feel in the travel, confidence inspiring handling, great parts spec, amazing value

It is a little heavy, but you don't really feel it riding.

I love this bike! I have put about 80 miles on my Release 1 and it keeps getting better! The more I ride it, the more confident I get. I immediately installed my NW ring up front and my KS eten dropper from my previous bike when I got the bike. The rear suspension really has that bottomless feel even though it is "only" 130mm. The Yari fork is also very nice, but I found that it is set up for big drops with 2 bottomless tokens installed. I removed one (and thinking about removing the other) to get a much more supple fee. The combination of a slack head angle and short chainstays really leads to the balance of stable corner carving, with nimble handling in the tight stuff. While my bike does not have a lock out on the shock, I've never felt it needed it. On long climbs, you do not feel much bobbing, in or out of the saddle. I have found that I need to ride with a little more weight over the front to really carve in the turns. While the rear while color is unique, it has grown on my and I love the yellow (looks better than the red on the release 3). The bars and stem feel great and are the same as the top of the line release 3. I still need to go tubeless, but they give you all you need except for sealant.
Overall, I can't think of anything that I would change. Sure it could be a little lighter, but I am a bigger guy, so I like the solid build with no evident flexing. Mine weighs about 32.5 lbs with the dropper, 1x10 and tubes. Great job Diamondback!

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.