Diamondback Mission 27.5 Full Suspension

• DB Mission All Mountain 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Full Suspension Frame w/ 27.5" Wheels & Proprietary Knuckle Box Technology
  • FOX front and rear Suspension for a superior feel and ride
  • Hydraulic Disc brakes for steadfast braking ability on or off the beaten path
  • 11spd drivetrain catered by SRAM

[Oct 23, 2019]
Kaedenmtb

OVERALL
Strength:

First things first, the components you get for your money is crazy! I ride for a team and everyone rides Treks and Santa Cruzes, and they pay $3k and up for the components I have. Another plus is that the Geometry is pretty good. I ride for a cross country team, and with this much travel and the weight for the bike, it climbs really good. The frame has withstood everything I could throw at it, I’ve had this bike for almost 3 years, and ride cross country to enduro, and some decently sized jumps and nothing has gone wrong with the frame.

The first thing to go wrong with my mission was the dropper post. At first I started getting scratches on the stanctions, which right when I saw it, I got it serviced but it just started getting worse. Then, at the bottom of the Seatpost where the cable connects to the dropper snapped off. This seems like everyone I know who’s had a ks lev broke at the same place. Another thing that happened that really wasn’t Diamondbacks fault was the my crown steerer tube started to creak on my fork right after the warranty of the fork ended, which I had to send it to fox and gave me a 50% discount for a CSU. If you’re a heavier rider (I weigh 170lbs) the shock bottoms out like crazy if you don’t have any volume reducers. Imho I think the yellow is ugly, but I just bought plasti dip and going to paint the knuckle box and any hints of yellow matte black.

Price Paid:
[Jun 30, 2014]
Jordya
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Superb geometry on transitioning from uphill to descending. Great components for the money. Seat is comfortable. Front fork is best I have ridden

Dropper seatpost seems to move about an inch when weighted. Wheels seem heavy but bought them knowing I will likely outfit with some Chinese carbon ones.

Just bought the Mission 2 and have spent about 20 miles the saddle. Really impressed with the suspension. Bites into the dirt when getting on the pedals. Large frame fits me perfectly at 6'1" I bought this model after speaking to DB and the rave reviews on the 27.5 Mission. I am not disappointed and will really put her through the paces at Whistler this weekend.