Cannondale Habit Carbon 2 27.5 Full Suspension

• Shimano XT/XTR 2×11 drivetrain

[May 12, 2020]
papkec

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought this as new old stock on ebay in 2017 so I got an incredible deal. Don't let the suspension numbers fool you this bike feels like it has way more rear suspension than the specs say. I am a Clydesdale ~270 lbs and I never feel the suspension bottom out, it handles tight single track very well and climbs way better than my fat @$$ can. I'm a long time Cannondale guy coming back after owning a Niner RIP 9 and was concerned about going from a 135 mm trail bike to an in-between trail-race bike but my concerns went away soon after riding some good single track.

I almost gave it a 4 for these reasons but the bike performs so well overall I went with a 5. As I said I am gravitationally challenged and I have added volume reducers to the rear shock and pumped it up to the max 350 psi and still get just over 30% sag. I know when it is losing a little pressure because I will hit the crank arms on stuff. I would like it to be 20 but even with 30%+ sag it still never bottoms. Dual lock out with one lever is a strange beast I could live without. It is convenient to stiffen the whole bike for a climb but there are times I would like to lock the rear with the front wide open.

Price Paid:
$2400
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2015

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.