WTB Trail Boss 27.5 Tires

Best Price At
Available At

The Trail Boss features staggered side knobs, an even tread shelf, and abundant siping to create additional working edges as the tire is ridden aggressively. It has tight enough tread pitch to keep it rolling fast and smooth even on hard surfaces but the squared off blocks still dig in hard when it comes time to slow down in a hurry.

[Oct 21, 2015]
Ethan
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Roles fast, amazing grip on corners, amazing breaking traction, light, side knobbies are super grippy.

Not the best looking. I think the tire looks kinda plane.

I run this tire on Mavic Crossmax XL and have the 2.4. I am nothing but impressed, these tires grip like a Nevegal and role like a Maxxis Ardent. I am not a fan of the looks as I like a tire that looks mean as hell but this thing is crazy good grip in all conditions, wet, dry, hard pack, and sandy. In order for the side knobbies to really do there work the rim should not be any wider than 23mm internal. I had a 29mm (inside width) rim and the extra width of it made the 2.4 not hook up on the tight corners. When I went back to a 23mm it balooned out the tread and better exposed the side knobbies. World of difference.

• Available At
$69.95

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.