Onza Porcupine 27.5 Tires

• Dual tread compound
  • GRC casing technology
  • Aggressive side knob shape paired with a soft 45a rubber
  • Center knobs and their ramped shape
  • The open tread profile with moderate spaces results in a great self-cleaning ability.

Available Models:

• 27.5x2.40
  • 27.5x2.60

[Feb 19, 2020]
bja5

OVERALL
Strength:

Rode these for the first time yesterday at Bike Park Wales. In a word they were immense! If you had any worries about these performing like the original 90’s Porcupine (which were terrible) then fear not, they are an entirely different tyre. Given that Storm Dennis had just passed through, BPW had been shut for 3 days prior and was as wet as I’ve seen it but the tyres stuck like glue on all surfaces. They shifted mud brilliantly and the tread was always clear by the end of the trail. I run them tubeless and would recommend this set up. Loads of compliments too as they look badass! I usually run Maxxis High Rollers through the winter and IMO these are every bit as good in the wet, if not better. 100% I’ll be buying more.

Nothing to report.

2020
[Jan 08, 2020]
jamieandthemagictorc

OVERALL
Strength:

Firstly it’s a white porc, so that gets bonus points. Only currently tested it in uk winter months, on mainly soft loam, clay clag, and sand hard pack. Clears mud really well, quite a good winter tyre. Performs well in Forest Loam. The edges give way a little snappy when on the limit. A little draggy on hardback fire road. But much better in winter than my rear aggressor. Bit Larey on wet roots, but show me a tyre that isn’t. Very easy to fit tubeless. Sealed and popped on 1st time. I normally run my DHF & aggressor at about 23/25psi. These don’t like running that low as the sidewall us thinner. Generally running these at 25/28psi. No punctures or rips yet. Taken them off now as have a race and need my ardents on for that. Looking forward to trying them in snow and summer time.

See above detail

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2020

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.