Specialized Pitch 27.5 Hardtail

The Pitch is prepared for singletrack trails and urban jungles, with a plush, 100mm-travel SR Suntour fork, powerful Tektro disc brakes, and Stout 650b alloy wheels.

[Sep 19, 2018]
Bikeosaurus

OVERALL
Strength:

This is for the base Pitch 27.5. Have about 200 miles on it so far. Excels on groomed bike and rail trails. Good on roads though might be nicer on hilly areas to have 9 speed rear rather than 8 speed it comes with. No major complaints so far except it's easy to overshift the rear derailleur looking for that 9th/missing gear and have it go hunting. Brakes are great for mechanical discs. Good value hard tail mountain bike that can double as a road rider.

Would be nice with a 9 speed rear cassette.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018
[Jan 15, 2018]
clark

OVERALL
Strength:

This is for a 2018 Pitch Comp. The hydraulic Shimano brakes modulate well. The rim width of 25 mm inside is good. The 30 mm stanchion fork is good. The geometry is great! The rear tire clearance is great. The shifters work in the Shimano kind of way.

It weighs 30 lbs, and the fork spring rate may be heavy for the size bike (It is a woman size small)

One trail ride on a familiar trail.

[Sep 20, 2016]
Jon

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent bike! Forks are awesome, the brakes are great. the shifters and other components are all fabulous. This is easily THE best bike I have ever purchased.

Stock pedals are poor.
Tires a bit lacking for my uses, but are otherwise surprisingly good for stock.

This is my 3rd or 4th bike I've gone through, the previous ones all well below this one in terms of quality. Immediately previous to this bike, I had a Schwinn Grande 6.3, and though that one had more features (like full suspnsion, 29" wheels, etc...), it was absolute garbage compared to this Specialized. It was like going from a kit-ed out Honda Civic, to a nice stock Mitsubishi Lancer; though less feature-full, a much better quality product.

I use this bike as my daily "commute", but though daily, I take it back off the trails, and really put it through it's paces on some pretty technical trails. This bike has not let me down. It is great on paved roads and paths, and equally great on the dirt paths. Where I feel this really excels, is on the really technical back trails. I have put over 2000kms on the bike there now, and have nothing but praise and good words about this bike.

The only "downers" on this bike are the pedals, seat, and arguably tires.

The pedals broke before I put anywhere near 100kms on it, but I was expecting that when I bought it, since they were just cheap plastic. I bought a nice set of all-aluminum pedals and not had any issues there since. The last thing is the tires; now get me wrong, the stock tires are surprisingly good for stock. It's just MY uses on the back trails, where things can get really muddy; the treads get all clogged up with mud and can make for some rather slippery situations. But on the road and the rest of the trails I'm on, these are great.

Though I probably won't be winning any Red Bull downhill races with this, nor will I be trying to sign up for it either. This is a great beginner-to-advanced bike that excels on any (practical) terrain thrown at it. I highly recommend this bike.