Moots Rogue YBB 27.5 Hardtail

The legendary yet subtle Ybb is joined to the mid-wheel size platform to bring cross country riding to a new level. For those that are not thrilled or cannot fit onto a 29 platform, we have the perfect answer for your needs. Just enough travel to take the edge off (1 1/8”) and paired with the 27.5” diameter this is a single track eating machine. Quick, responsive and built with the highest quality tubing and processes we use with all of our products. We built this frame around a 100mm travel fork using a curved down tube for fork crown clearance to keep you in control with confidence. Using a curved top tube on the 14”-19” sizes helped increase stand-over clearance for those times when you might come off your bike when you didn’t really mean to. As with all Moots frames we use our US made 3/2.5 seamless oversized tubing in all locations of the frame set which will give you years of care free service.

[Nov 12, 2014]
Craig B.

OVERALL
Strength:

First and foremost IT'S A MOOTS ! Designed around the Goldie Locks of wheel size, 27.5 "IT FITS JUST RIGHT" !! Super fun all day cross country riding machine. The geometry is spot on, with a 69 degree head angle and an 44mm head tube, the bike is stable, comfortable and quick handling, Climbs like a mountain goat and the YBB " WHY BE BEAT" suspension technology really does take the edge off without taking anything away from its impressive climbing ability. The attention to detail is second to none, the welds are impeccable and it is made by hand right here is the USA with American titanium.also manufactured in the USA..

Paint options would nice, personally I'm a little bored with the color of raw titanium,

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about the YBB suspension and wasn't quite sure what to expect and hoping that I wouldn't regret making such a a big purchase. Now that I have been riding the bike over the past 6 months I absolutely have no regrets, as a matter of fact the Rouge is my go to bike for most rides. As I said before the bike is so much fun to ride and unless I am riding super rocky trails with steep drops I will pick the Moots every time over my Intense Carbon
Tracer T275 which is also an Awesome bike.. I have owned several Moots bikes ( Cinco and Mootox rsl 29er) and numerous other nice bikes, loved them all but Hands down the Rouge YBB is probably My favorite bike of all times with my Ritchie P29er a close second and my Niner One 9 in third..
After riding the Rouge I often remind myself how much I love riding this bike, And isn't that the reason we ride ?
EVERY TIME I SEE A PERSON RIDING A BICYCLE IT GIVES ME HOPE FOR THE HUMAN RACE. "H .G .WELLS.
"