Marin San Quentin 27.5 Hardtail

Developed in conjunction with freeride legend Matt Jones and taking its name from the most rough and tumble piece of Marin County, the all-new San Quentin collection lives up to the notoriety of the namesake maximum security California State Prison. Blending the strength and style of our Alcatraz dirt jump frame with the natural trail savvy of the Nail Trail hardtail, the San Quentin family of aggressive trail hardtails is the perfect mash-up for the modern trail rider.

Available Models:

• San Quentin 3
  • San Quentin 2
  • San Quentin 1
  • Trail

[Jul 16, 2019]
Tjay

OVERALL
Strength:

This is for the 2019 Marin San Quentin 2 that I owned for a month and put in 400 miles. Price! For $1305 OTD (including Ca tax) is a good deal considering this bike is 2019 model & it comes with the latest geo and frame standards (boost) and, bonus for having a threaded BB. Fork is good since it is also solo air but it is 1 lb heavier than the more expensive model. The 11 speed Sunrace + NX drivetrain are flawless. Shifts better than my 12 speed GX. Bars and especially the saddle are spot on!

Stiff Frame! Frame is mass produced. I think they just built a frame with the the standards and start selling it because the frame is very, very stiff!! On my steel frame I can go over rocks roots at 18 mph, on this bike I can only do 8 mph because I'm bouncing around all over the place and this is with the same exact components. Hard to pop off the bike. Feels like your weight is in the front more with 130 fork. I tried 150 fork and the bike rode like crap. It was hard to change lines and the weight was unbalance with the rider towards in the back more which makes riding a lot harsher since there're no give in the frame.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2019

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.