Felt 7 Series 27.5 Hardtail

The family of Felt 7’s begins with our precision TIG welded, 6061 heat-treated aluminum frame with 3D forged dropouts, double water bottle braze-ons and cold forged aluminum replaceable rear dropout. Each Felt 7 also includes our ControlTaper 1.125-1.5” headtube and BB30 bottom bracket. These lightweight 7-specific frames carry all the performance of Felt MTB's including generous tire clearance, dialed-in geometry and the handling that comes with just the right balance in stiffness and compliance. No matter the price points, every Felt 7 is outfitted with the best available components including 100mm travel suspension forks, reliable disc brakes, wide gear-ranges and precise-shifting drive trains.

[Jun 09, 2014]
PortlandRider

OVERALL
Strength:

Felt 7 Eighty (27.5 inch tires, hardtail)
Great for off road, handles tight turns on/off road like my old 26inch MTB from Raleigh Mountain sport 40 (year 2000), shifts pretty well, can handle jumps, its pretty good for commuting 12-24 round trips, handles the dirty, rainy, muddy streets of portland oregon, trails are easy with this bike, rolls over almost anything,

Not a weakness but.... Know why you're buying this bike. I needed a bike for commuting and to take off roading. I am perfectly fine with a heavier mountain bike to commute with. It weights just about 33 pounds by itself. Not a weakness: Within a few days I got a flat tire though I think this was my fault from running over something sharp.

I love this bike! After enjoying several years from Raleigh mountain sport 40 hardtail for over a decade, I decided it was time for a newer, faster, stronger mountain bike. I take this commuting, trails, off road, etc. It rolls over anything because of the tire size but it's still nimble like a 26in mtb. I'm 6 feet tall with long legs so the 18inch version is a perfect fit. The better transmission in this bike makes accelerating up hills, coasting, etc; sooooo much easier. Although this bike is heavier than my older mountain bike, I can ride much further, faster, up or downhill. I realize that it sounds crazy to commute with a mountain bike but I love it. I can ride more upright, ride over ANYTHING and go places where most other "commuter" people can't. Especially in Portland Oregon, there are a lot of really crazy cyclists/motorists out there and I love having the option to avoid all of them by going off road. :)

It certainly gets 5/5 stars from me because I knew exactly what I was buying. It's a mountain bike and expected it to be sturdier, more bulky and heavier than a commuting bike or hybrid. I also know that having a softer/non-adjustable front suspension makes it more difficult to pedal at times....especially uphill. Great deal for 600 bucks! I just can't wait to get accessories, pedals, etc;

Never heard of this company until I was test driving a bunch of MTB's at my local shop.

You won't be disappointed.

Old mountain bikes? Rode a road bike once and wanted to scream...it was too light and tiny for my comfort.

[Apr 04, 2014]
Rob Kanuth

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks different than most entry level trail bikes. Great fit and feel for a big rider

Crankset

Great bike for the price. Same components as comparably priced bikes but felt better for a big guy like me

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.