Osprey Packs Raptor 6 Water Carrier

Available At

The featherweight Osprey Raptor 6 Hydration Pack offers a two-liter water reservoir and plenty of helpful design details while still weighing in at less than two pounds. Slip your bike tools or hiking snack inside, fill 'er up, and see if you can beat your personal best time. This pack won't hold you back one bit.

[Sep 25, 2012]
Jinxy

OVERALL
Strength:

Design, detail and quality are outstanding. Lifetime warranty.

None I've noticed

Wasn't sure whether to go for this one or the next size up (Raptor 10). For a small pack the 6 holds more than I thought (I've got the M/L size). With full 2 liters of water I still easily fit a Blackburn Mammoth pump, Park Multi-tool, 29er tube, patch kit, Minewt cordless light, keychain and a Clif bar. Could fit an extra pair of socks or gloves too if needed. The organizer pockets are great and deep. In the upper separate compartment I keep my iPhone but it's plenty big for sunglasses. The outside stuff pocket on the back is slim and while I've seen video of a minimal jacket stuffed in there, it would be tight with a loaded pack. Good place for a hat. Zippers felt stiff at first but they work fine now. The pack is comfortable, rides great and stays exactly in place on fast twisty trails. The bite valve and magnetic catch work well. The whole thing is a nice package, extremely well thought and well made. Great warranty too. Found mine on sale for $59! at a local outdoor shop. My first Osprey purchase and I'm impressed.

Camelbak

[Jun 06, 2012]
top fuel

OVERALL
Strength:

quality build , bladder

smallest raptor still kinda big

leaps and bounds above any camelback ,while camelback bladders still look like the pool waterbags that inspired them the ospreys have features that you never knew you couldnt live without . better waterflow from wider hose and bite valve .simple easy to unscrew fill cap,handle and rigid spine that make it easy to get it in and out the pack,and the magnetic bite valve is the best thing since sliced bread.only negative for me is its size as I prefer a more minimalist design. I dont need all the pockets.

[May 13, 2011]
29ftw

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort! Bladder, side wing pockets, nipple retention magnet, top pocket

Lack of closure on the waist strap wing pockets

This pack is the most comfortable of all the hydration packs I've tried thus far. My low back is a bit sensitive to packs/weight on it and this one rides up a bit with the weight spread out over the whole mid-back.

I won't go into all the dislikes of the packs above but the Osprey is pretty nice. I got it on closeout as the 2011 models will come in two sizes going forward. The small wing pockets on the waist strap are great but I plan to add a strip of velcro as a little security for camera/phone.

The Nalgene bladder is really easy to open/close and get in and out of the pack when full. The nipple is secured to the chest strap by a magnet which is pretty convenient. Overall, great pack. As far as the rating I gave four stars for the lack of closure on the pockets.

Camelbak, Rogue, HAWG, MULE, and Classic. Wingnut Hyper 3.0 Deuter Race X Air

[Jun 10, 2010]
Scott WV

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome setup, quality built. does not move at all on my back like my camelback did, nicely organized pockets, super cool bladder, very comfortable and it does not seem to get my back that sweaty. You can tell it will last for years and it comes with a lifetime warranty. I looked and researched a long time and this pack is perfect.

Incredible pack and only $79. Perfect 70oz for 2-3 hour rides.

Mule, streams

• Available At

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.