CamelBak Siren Water Carrier

Built to fit your lifestyle, this versatile system is great for hikes, rides, or any other adventure; shorter length is perfect for women and kids. Omega(TM) Access Port makes filling and cleaning your reservoir easier than ever. Big Bite(TM) valve offers increased water flow; Ergo HydroLock(TM) offers leak-free transport and ergonomically positions bite valve. Cool and breathable mesh harness keeps you comfortable even during intense workouts; sternum strap improves stability. Efficient over-the-shoulder tube routing puts water right where you want it. High-strength nylon exterior with closed cell insulation to keep cold drinks cool, hot drinks hot. Flexible 50 fluid ounce polyurethane reservoir delivers tremendous burst strength. External zip pocket for essentials; reflective to improve visibility in low light. Advanced ergonomic styling improves aerodynamics for road cyclists.

[Aug 24, 2014]
BruceBrown

OVERALL
Strength:

Ideal for short durations - or if you know you can refill at aid stations in a race. Lightweight, and is a good solution for me on the full suspension bike that has only 1 bottle cage. I keep my energy drink in the bottle on the cage, and hydrate with water from the Siren.

Very small storage capacity, and the fit for a taller riders/runners may be a little constraining unless you are really slender.

I also have a H.A.W.G. which holds a lot of gear and double the water for longer excursions. This one, however, is more for racing and training rides. The 50 oz bladder can easily be filled at aid stations in an endurance race, or at stops on training rides where there is water. I'd rather carry this lighter option and stop to top it off than lug around a heavier and hotter pack. Price was right at the time and it's done well for me. Now that the Siren is no longer made, the newer models of The Hydrobak and Dart are probably the closest in performance.

H.A.W.G.

[Feb 22, 2002]
Dave

OVERALL
Strength:

50 oz is good for short rides. Comfy. Improved ease-of-use with new bladder.

A bit heavy.

The wide mouth bladder is an improvement. This pack fills a nitch between loooong rides and "just need a water bottle" rides. Comfy enough for road riding, too.

HAWG, classic

[Apr 06, 2007]
Tyler Hays

OVERALL
Strength:

It small light and enough room to carry just want you need. A great race pack.

It only hold enough water for a short 1-2 hours ride. And it pocket is very small so it can only hold what you need.

It was the first camelbak I ever got and I will say it was great to have a hydo pack but at the same time it only held 50oz of water which I would burn though in under 2 hours and I could only carry the bare essenisal in it, wallet, cell phone, multi-tool, patches, tube and a mini pump, and that was pushing it. I normally would still put my saddle bag on my bike and move the tube and what not to their. A month ago I got the M.U.L.E as a gift from my parents so that has become my main pack since it carries more water and everything I need.
Now I still use my Siren every now and then and it is my main race pack now since it is light wait and I only need to carry what I need with no real extras. So for racing I think it is great since it is a lot lighter than the mule and I only need 1.5 liters of water any how.

Camelbak M.U.L.E and water bottles

[Jan 10, 2002]
Don Carriere

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality design and construction

This product is perfect for those short rides where you don't want to carry a lot of gear. I use it when I'm riding on trails near home where I don't need food or a lot of water.

This pack is light and easy to use. It has the OMEGA reservoir, which is so easy to add ice cubes as well as drying. I love my MULE, but it's a pain to dry the reservoir. The new Camelbaks seem to be coming with the OMEGA, which is a good thing.

Bottom line is: Use this pack in addition to a larger, "long ride" pack. It's ideal when used this way.

Camelbak Mule

[Mar 22, 2002]
Jeff P.

OVERALL
Strength:

Small,clip thing

Small storage area

great for any ride just enough room to carry tools and everything you need good amount of water storage has a little clip thing to clip it onto the pack so it dont bounce around

[Jun 12, 2002]
Mike
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a very good camelback for around 1 to 1 1/2 Hours of use. Any longer and you just get to thirsty. Very small so it doesn't wobble around much and you barely notice that you're wearing it.

Not enough water except for less then 1 1/2 hours of riding. Too little capacity all I can fit in mine is a patch kit and a few tire levers.

Get this camelback if you don't need to carry more then a patch kit and tire levers and you have an air pump mound on your bike. Also only consider if you ride for less then 1 1/2 hours. Next to be getting the Blowfish! :)

Waterbottles

[Jun 09, 2004]
PDK

OVERALL
Strength:

Small, lightweight, does not slide around on back or shoulders (also due to the chest strap). Much easier to drink from than a bottle while racing. Just enough room for essential items (i.e., CO2, levers, chain tool).

Baby blue or gray--not much choice in terms of color selection.
You probably don't want the Siren if you ride out in the middle of nowhere for large blocks of time (>4 hours).

I race at the Sport level, which means I'm typically out for around 2 hours. 50oz of water is plenty for me (and I make sure I'm hydrated before I get to the start line). I barely notice that I have it on, which is more than I can say for my old CamelBak. And anyone who's ever used any CamelBak would probably agree that it's much easier to drink from one of these than to reach down, grab a bottle, drink, and put it back on the bike, all without dropping. Bottom line is that the Siren is a great product for racing or for training rides.

CamelBak Rogue, water bottles

[Jun 08, 2004]
PDK

OVERALL
Strength:

Small, holds plenty of water (for racing) and does not slide around on my back or shoulders. Easy to clean. Just enough pocket space for essentials (i.e., CO2, chain tool, levers).

You probably don't want this if you want to do day-long riding out in the middle of nowhere.

I race at the sport level, which means I'm typically on the bike for around 2 hours. The Siren's 50oz is plenty of water for me over that duration (I also make sure I'm already hydrated before I hit the starting line). I prefer the Siren over water bottles because many times it's difficult to reach down for water during a race (and it's difficult to hold on to them as well). Because of its good fit and small size I don't notice the Siren on my back like I did my old Rogue. Bottom line is that this is a great product for racing. If you're going to be out for long periods of time then move up to something with more capacity/pocket space.

Camelbak Rogue, water bottles.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.