CamelBak Rogue Water Carrier

Carry the fluids you need for a two-plus hour ride with the CamelBak Rogue Hydration Backpack. This streamlined pack features the new Antidote reservoir, which includes baffles in the body that allow the reservoir to maintain a low profile when full, and a lightweight, quick-seal cap that can be accessed without having to pull the reservoir out of the pack. The Rogue holds two liters of water, a bike mini-pump, tools, and an energy bar, while an external zip pocket holds your keys. The new Air Channel back panel and mesh harness increases airflow so you stay comfortable as you pedal away the miles.

[Aug 11, 2012]
mtbnoobadam

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough materials, enough storage for shorter rides and comfortable

Only holds enough water and supplies for shorter rides and it could benefit from a waist strap

A good pack for shorter rides. It's durable and comfortable.

[Feb 04, 2012]
systalik

OVERALL
Strength:

good durable camelbak with enough water to get you through short-medium length rides. large fill port with twisting cap makes the bladder extremely easy to fill and it is just beneath a flap so you don't have to take the bladder out to fill it. This camelbak has repeatedly proven to be tough, I have landed a few times on my back on anything from dirt to rock garden and do not have any tears, broken seams, or leaks in the bladder

storage space, has enough space for wallet phone and spare tube. i have to keep my pump in one of the mesh pockets on the outside of the pack using the compression straps to keep it in place. the pump hasn't fallen out yet but doesn't feel or seem very secure and i am always checking to make sure i still have it

this is a good hydration pack if you are looking for something for a short ride if you don't need to carry much with you

generic coleman hydration pack

[Sep 06, 2011]
Hill-Pumper

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, good for short trips

Storage,lack of bottom strap

Granted, this pack is designed for short trips, but it still could use more storage. When I ride, I like to have a multi-tool, a mini pump, several CO2 cartridges, a tube, which fills one compartment. The other compartment is filled with a my wallet, cell phone, and keys. If you want more then that, forget it. Even a small camera will not fit with a full water reservoir. Also, there is no waist strap, which cause it slap your back over bumps. It does not hurt or anything, but is just annoying. In its defense, it has been a good durable pack even after a few good hard crashes. It has served its purpose, I just need a little more storage for what I really want to carry.

None yet

[Jul 27, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Perfect for that 2 hour ride. Carries all I need on the loop. Plenty of water and holds my phone/keys/multi-tool with more room for a snack if I needed it.

None, other than a sweaty back if you take it off and put it back on. Same as any other pack.

This is the perfect size for those shorter rides. If you were going on a day trip, you might want more than 70oz, but this works for me. I recommend it!

None...

[Mar 24, 2006]
Jacob

OVERALL
Strength:

More water than carrying bottles. Gives you room for some basic gear.

Not a lot of space at all. I had to by a seat bag for extra space.

It is probably a better value for roadies than mountain bikers. It carries 70 oz of water wich means in a 3 hour ride i go through a bladder and a half of liquid. So i have to stop to refil but the refil is super easy. It only has enough space for a tube, pump, tool and cell phone. Only the tool and cell phone can be stored in the zippered pocket and you can fit a wallet in the mesh pocket ontop of the resovior. The tube and pump have to be placed on the outside and sinched down using the strap. Its a good value but if you mountain bike you should at least by a mule or biger. I will be buying a mule before the summer season starts

[Jun 12, 2007]
Gregg

OVERALL
Strength:

Durablity, easy to refill/clean, light

Too small

To me it seems that if you are going to use a Camelback, it is going to be a long ride. In which case you need to carry not only plenty of water, but also plenty of stuff(food, tubes, pumps, etc). Otherwise you could go with a water bottle and a seat bag. This bag doesnt carry enough water for a three hour ride in warm weather. I can get by if I also bring a water bottle though. The storage capacity of this thing is also very weak. It can barely hold my multi tool, tube and pump, let alone the food, camera, wallet, phone and such that I would usually like to take on a three hour tour. Howerever, when I am riding my freeride bike, which doesnt have a water bottle cage, this pack works pretty well (I'll usually just take my phone and multitool). In all, if you take long rides, definitely go with the mule. This is good if you take short rides and you dont mind a pack being strapped to your back.

MULE

[Dec 09, 2003]
g love

OVERALL
Strength:

light weight and well made

storage space

a great short trip or race pack. I use it for racing and trips that won't take me too far from the car or home. Definitely not for epic back country rides. I use a mule for those. I keep two tubes and food or a lighting system battery in the mesh pocket and I have never lost anything. i keep my tools in the top pocket. the pump pocket is a nice touch. Although the pump seems to weight the pack so that it shifts to the right side of my back and feels uneven. A great little pack.

camelbak mule

[Oct 15, 2003]
t-man

OVERALL
Strength:

holds 2 liters of water, it's light, and very easy to use

no storage space, expensive

if you want to carry a lot of water but need only a little storage space get this pack. If you need even a little bit more storage than somthing the size of a sunglasses case or a wallet than get somthing else. This product does it's intended job well, so pick the one that fits your needs.

none before this

[Dec 03, 2006]
Andrew Cho

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheaper and lighter than the M.U.L.E with 70oz rather than 100oz. But the pack is fillable from the outside you just unclip the top flap. It's the absolutely perfect hydration pack for people who don't need to carry everything with them. There are two zipper compartments and one elastic pouch that'll fit a couple energy bars, cell phone, keys, mini pump, multi-tool, tubes, etc.

This pack looks good, keeps you hydrated, and is very comfortable. I managed to get this one for sale at ebags for $24 which is a steal, but wouldn't have minded paying $50 for it.

None.

I had the 6" Topeak MT MasterBlaster pump and decided to return it for the Turbo Morph pump, which is a lot larger. At that point I was regretting this purchase and thought i'd have to get the M.U.L.E as well. But I was pleasantly surprised that I could fit the pump inside the bag next to the reservoir.

Completely beyond satisfied with this pack. If you're a hardcore XC rider who goes out for 4+ hours often I recommend getting a 100oz pack. But for everyone else who packs fairly light this is the perfect choice.

M.U.L.E, Hydropak, Classic, Hawg, & various other brand hydration packs.

[Nov 07, 2002]
Isi

OVERALL
Strength:

Minimalist design; great for 2-3 hour rides; easy to clean; mouthpiece works great.

Small pockets force me to bring just the basics (wallet, tools, energy bar)... what else does one need anyway? Relatively small bladder means I have to refill on longer rides. I like it's simplicity. Perfect mix of form and function.

water bottles

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.