CamelBak Podium Big Chill Bottle Water Carrier

Available At
Best Price At

Camelbak Podium Big Chill Insulated Water Bottle is the solution for keeping your cool out there on even the scroching hot days of summer. Using dual layer technology with an insulating barrier, the Chill bottle is the choice for many pro teams.

[Nov 14, 2013]
SnakeHandling SingleSpeeder
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight
Keeps drink cold for several hours

I converted from a backpack camelback to water bottles. I love the difference of not having the weight on my shoulders and it is a lot more freeing. The water bottles hold plenty of water and keep desired temperature well.

[Apr 26, 2012]
EndoanaJones

OVERALL
Strength:

Cooler water longer than non-insulated bottles. Great valve.

A little on the expensive side.

I found that if I fill about 1/3 of the bottle and freeze it, then add ice, water will stay cold for hours. It also depends on the outside temp, but I can usually have cold or at least cool water for for 2 hrs. or so.

Un-insulated water bottles

[Apr 24, 2012]
heyyall

OVERALL
Strength:

Ease of squeezing
Somewhat taste neutral at start
Shut off valve really works

Picked up a gatorade taste after gatorade use
Insulation doesn't really work

I was given this bottle as a Christmas gift and was first skeptical. I was used to old school water bottles that leaked if you leaned your bike over, were hard to squeeze, and made water taste like plastic. After 4 months of using this bottle, I love the way it works. It is the easiest bottle to squeeze that I have ever found. The JetValve works perfectly. You can manually close the valve and not have a drop spill. I've found this perfect for transport, especially when the bottle is thrown into a bag. When the shut off valve is open, the bottle doesn't drip and is ready for drinking. Just give the bottle a little squeeze.

The taste of the water was great at the start. I used gatorade once and there is some residual taste from that. I think the insulation isn't really necessary. Sure, it keeps the drink colder a little while longer, but it isn't long enough to really make a difference on a ride, especially in hot weather.

Overall, this is a great water bottle.

[Jul 11, 2011]
rosy_hues

OVERALL
Strength:

kept my drink cool for a bit longer

...not as long as i expected

Pretty good insulated bottle...i'm still getting used to the jetstream...but when i really need a drink, i'd rather open the lid coz squeezing it does not really do me much good -- i'm still thirsty. & it really didnt keep my drink cold for that long -- i.e., for about an hour. And the squeeze bottle also means it doesnt have structure (duh) which means it's less secure on my bottle cage -- i might need to look for a new cage for it.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.