V.I.O. POV 1.5 Video Cameras

The POV.1.5 is a fully integrated point-of-view (POV) video system that's waterproof, dustproof, and shock-resistant. The system includes a mountable camera head, built-in video recorder, wireless remote and software for managing your point-of-view videos.

[Aug 17, 2011]
Tom

OVERALL
Strength:

This is for the POV.1
Very reliable and stable, very fast from power-up to record. The camera itself is machined, anodized aluminum, looks and feels very nice. Powered by AA batteries. I wasn't sure about the battery type when I first got it, but after using it for a while, I agree with it. Using rechargeables is the way to go. This is SD video, 720x480, picture quality is good and stable.

The only real gripe that I have is the small hatch that encloses the SD card slot and I/O ports is very fragile. As long as you know that and open it accordingly, there won't be a problem. I did buy this thing when it first hit the market, it was $850. OUCH. It wasn't but about a year later and they were $200 less! Lesson learned here? Wait a while when a new product hits the market. As it turned out, I got a great product, but I would have paid a lot less if I waited a bit.

This is a good quality camera that will last a long time.