Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer

Best Price At

The Wahoo KICKR Power Trainer is the world’s first iPhone powered bike trainer! Your indoor cycling experience will never be the same. Take the back wheel off your bike and connect to the Wahoo KICKR for accurate power measurement, iPhone controlled resistance, open third-party software options, and the smoothest indoor riding on the market.

[Mar 04, 2017]
MK

OVERALL
Strength:

Amazing when it works.

Reliability, I had the Wahoo Kickr for 3-4 months and it died on me. Will not connect to anything.

I purchased the Wahoo Kickr in November and by February it died on me. Last time I used it, I smelled something burning inside. I examined the trainer to see what was wrong, but couldn't see anything. I just figured it was hot after my ride. It never worked again. It will not connect to my phone or computer, which is needed to make the trainer work as intended.
Wahoo customer service appears to be unwilling to work with me. I have been in contact with them, and the only thing they have done is send me a check list of things to do, which none or them worked.

After responding back to Wahoo about my unsuccessful attempts to get it working again, Wahoo has gone silent and will not respond back to me. Yes, this is more than a little annoying.

I will not be buying another Kickr.

CycleOps Fluid Trainer

[May 15, 2015]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome - in theory

Waste of time and money - in reality

I tried to replace my LeMond trainer with a Kickr in January. $1500AUD + another few hundred for an 11-speed Campy cassette.
Fell in love almost instantly - it was like crossing a good trainer with a Wii. For a few weeks... Until the sensors started failing and ANT+ signals went intermittent. Then the bluetooth started failing too. I took it back and 6 weeks later it is still with the Australian distributors while they try to work out what to do to fix it. Still no idea if or when I will see my trainer again.
Good thing I kept the bullet-proof LeMond!
Who should buy one? Nobody. Hand on heart I cannot recommend it. It's expensive, weak and in Australia at least, the service and support is non-existent.
Wish I'd kept my money or bought some other trainer - plenty of options for $1800!

LeMond wind trainer