Kurt Kinetic Kinetic Trainer

- Super quiet ride - watch TV, videos, or play the stereo at normal levels. - Patented, sealed (leak proof) fluid resistance unit for silky smooth ride. - Speed sensitive resistance unit automatically adjusts the difficulty level. - Resistance levels from 20 watts (5 MPH) to 2,500 watts (50 MPH). - Easy bike attachment / removal with the Quick Release Level Lock. - Trainer folds in half for easy transport and off season storage. - Industrial quality frame with lifetime warranty. - Precision made in the U.S.A. - Patented Small Wheel Adapter enables use of bikes with wheels from 16" O.D.. - The first recumbent friendly fluid resistance trainer. - The first BMX friendly fluid resistance trainer.

[Feb 15, 2010]
cburke

OVERALL
Strength:

Sturdy, smooth power curve

Needs higher resistance, 29er knobbies don't fit

Although I liked the trainer, the frame is too small and doesn't allow 29" knobbies to turn freely. It worked fine with cx tires, but the exra diameter of the mtb tires didnt't clear. Fine if you are using a road, cx or 26" mtb.

1up

[Jun 09, 2009]
MultiRider

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality construction, quiet, rock and roll for pedaling out of the saddle

Hard to transport to the races for warmups due to rock and roll legs sticking out

Fantastic product! Solid, smooth, quiet. The rock and roll feature makes a world of difference if you are actually looking for a ride that simulates outdoors. Particularly standing. Try a rock and roll and you probably won't be able to purchase any rigid trainer. The rock and roll does not help you with balance as another review expected, it simply gives you a more realistic bike motion when training. I wear size 13 / 48 shoes and don't hit the trainer like the guy with the size 14s, but my feet come really close. And, as someone else said, I had to invest in some DVDs. I have some Spinervals and some Real Ride with Robbie Ventura (Speed, Force, etc). The Real Ride videos are great -- like a video game because you're looking at the road and other riders. Much easier on the eyes than Coach Troy yelling at poor sweating riders on trainers like the Spinerval DVDs. Anyway, great trainer, particularly if you do power-based intervals. The KK power module is okay, but the display is kind of jumpy and you can't download to a PC. I use an iBike and it makes my workouts vastly better.

CycleOps, others

[Dec 10, 2008]
amysue135

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, craftsmanship, smooth pedal stroke, quiet, stability

um.. none

Freakin' awesome!

I have the "Rock-n-Roll" trainer and I would highly recommend to anyone! The side to side sway gives it a real feel when pedaling, and I also bought the turntable riser for the front wheel for a little bit more of a real feel.

If you are into cycling, you will love this! Its strong, quiet and fun to ride. Plus, mine came with a free Spinervals DVD with a few different workouts on it.

After buying a kinteic trainer, you will know what quality and value really is!

cycleops fluid

[Nov 03, 2008]
ed

OVERALL

Jeez I was just scrolling this page reading & somehow unintentionally gave it the worst rating of 1... so I guess I have to write a review now. I give it a 5 of 5.
Before buying this unit I tried the Cyclops Fluid 2 & find the Road Machine does feel like you're riding on the road where as the Cyclops feels like a trainer.
I was debating between the Road Machine & the Pro for the extra coast down / endurance aspect, but after using the Road Machine I think it'd be over kill as this unit really does the job.
A nice surprise was a spinerval video in the box, but not really my thing.
I also put a Tacx Trainer tire on the rear.
The unit is not noisy but is not quiet either, initially the room was shaking but when I moved the unit to another spot the vibes were gone.
This Road Machine has exceeded my expectations.

Cyclops Fluid 2

[Feb 10, 2004]
Aaron

OVERALL
Strength:

- Easy to Setup
- Stable
- Solid road feel
- No issues riding out of the saddle

- It is possible to strip the tightening-knob threads when adjusting the tension against the rear wheel.

We were looking for a way to train / ride consistently during the winter, in an attempt to be ready to hit the ground running come spring. Bought the KK Road Trainer after reading about it on many web sites including this one and the KK web site. I am delighted by the machine and it's ease-of-use. My fiancée saw it and decided that she needed one as well but she wanted something a little different so that we could both train indoors this winter. Hence the COF2. I managed to strip the threads on the tightening knob on my KK road trainer after about 2 weeks of use. Called Kurt Kinetic and they shipped a replacement part, no questions asked. We have been training 4-5 days per week now and I have lost 10 lbs of my winter insulation. Excellent side effect. The customer service reps at Kurt Kinetic are very pleasant to deal with. The road trainer is the best trainer that I have ever used. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is serious about their indoor riding. I'm convinced that you get your money's worth with this one.

Cycle Ops Fluid 2 (hers)

[Mar 12, 2002]
Kurt Lloyd

OVERALL
Strength:

perfectly convenient for my schedule, strong, solid, easy, durable--but again CONVENIENT for my nuts schedule...

no product weaknesses

I'm a respiratory therapist that works in the er and icu from 7p-7a three random days per week. I'm an avid skiier, bodybuilder and sprint tri athlete and keep this schedule even on my off days to maintain consistency in sleep habbits, training and energy levels. I have designed/built a home gym which includes this piece of equipment. It is absolutely perfect for me. Athletes that are serious only buy products that are made like this. This thing likes to be used and so far doesn't show any signs of quiting in the least. Nothing beats riding outside when you can, but this machine is ideal for keeping in top shape when you can't. I highly recommend the road machine to anyone serious into their own physical fitness.

the road machine is my first and most likely last

[Dec 31, 2006]
dave zwart

OVERALL
Strength:

This is actually a review of the Kurt Kinetic Rock and Roll trainer. The unit was surprisingly sturdy and didn't sway uncontrollably as I expected. It was quiet. Setup was easy.

My wife bought it for me for Christmas. The pins mounting for the support arms were difficult to install as the holes were drilled too small. I had to bust out the hammer to drive them in. I had to use a drift to persuade them out so it won't disassemble easily. I tried to use it and found that my heels smack the mounting system. I wear a size 14 US shoe and the "quick release" lever on the trainer was strategically placed such that I couldn't miss it. If it was flipped to the other side it might have had clearance. Granted, there probably aren't alot of people who will have this problem - but it still stinks!! We sent it back to the store for a refund. We're out shipping costs there and back.

I can't use it because my feet are too big. I couldn't find any shops that carry it so I had no chance to try it. If you have smaller feet, a fairly large area to use it, you'll like it. Not easy to move around due to it's size and weight. I wish it would have worked out for me. I'll rate this as "good" because it's a nice product - just not for us out of the 95 percentile in body size.

[Feb 27, 2002]
JHunter

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome customer support, quiet operation, easy setup, stable

This is a followup to my previous review on a leaking Kurt Kinetic standard-model trainer. I called Kurt Kinetic's customer service line and even though I had bought the unit (nib) from a third-party, the very friendly customer service agent shipped out a replacement resistance unit the next day. They even paid for the return shipment of the leaking unit. KK did not have to do any of this, as the warranty is non-tranferrable, but clearly they stand behind their products and their customers. You can't ask for any better service than this.

The new unit works perfectly, quiet and smooth with much more than enough available resistance to beat me into the ground. Highly recommended, although you might also want to consider Kurt Kinetic's top-of-the-line Road Machine for even more realistic road feel.

[Nov 25, 2001]
Stock Camper

OVERALL
Strength:

Quiet. Rock solid. Gentle on tires.

Can't think of one.

Serious quality. I use this pig with Netathlon software (never heard of it -- check out www.netathlon.com -- the only way to spend a winter) and it truly rocks. Serious construction. Built like a rock.

[Oct 29, 2001]
Harold

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth road-like feel and extended coast-down. Very durable and stable.

None.

As a competitive triathlete and family man, most of my workouts must be finished by 7:00 am. Thus, cooler temps and later sunrises require me to use a trainer from mid September to mid March. This is the best trainer on the market hands down. The broad based construction remains stable even when hammering 53x12 gear. Spend the xtra $ for the larger flywheel. It more closely mimics that "road feel". The fluid resistance is extremly smooth and
highly highly challenging. Interestingly, I found that I need to use a smaller gear with this trainer than with my Mag trainer due to the increased resistance.

I honestly don't recommend this trainer for beginners. You need more biking experience to appreciate the $340 price tag. The seasoned biker, however, will thoroughly enjoy this product for many years.

Blackburn Mag Trainer

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.