CycleOps Wind Trainer

The CycleOps Wind Bicycle Trainer is a great way to keep your legs in tip-top condition during the off season. While many cyclists dread the indoor training season, ensuring proper bike set up will make any workout more comfortable and enjoyable. This trainer is a budget-friendly solid performing trainer. With a simple and elegant design, the Wind Trainer's fan uses air to create a smooth, even resistance. The vortex blade design is high-powered, but produces very little noise. You'll be pleasantly surprised with this entry-level trainer's extra-wide range of progressive resistance and remarkable frame stability. The die cast zinc fan blades also double as a heavy flywheel for fluid stops and starts and a more road-like feel. The trainer includes a training DVD to help keep you motivated during your indoor exercise.

[Jun 03, 2003]
Morpheus

Strength:

Offers little resistance even in your highest gear. Loud.

I'm surprised at the high marks given this trainer. This device offers little resistance even in my highest gear. I have adjusted the resistance knob to the recommended setting and even past that but I can still ride at a high cadence for the full 45 minutes that I workout for. I'm only really a weekend warrior so I am by no means in top physical form. I just can't see making any progress without any strenuous pedaling. It really gets interesting when you try to stand. I've checked out the unit and it all seems fine. I have a slick mounted on my rear wheel but I'll probably put my knobby back on to increase the resistance.
Don't waste your money.

[Jan 03, 2000]
GeorgieGee

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple, sturdy design; nothing to break (or leak); well made; folds for easy storage; great training video included.

Noisy (sounds like car engine idling); sloppy welds.

Bought this for $145 from LBS. Read about fluid trainers leaking, so decided to go with most simple design. Smooth operation albeit a little noisy. Training video (included) ensures this trainer won't end up in the closet due to extreme boredom while mindlessly pedaling for an hour. If you're not overly concerned about making noise and want a solid trainer at an affordable price, you should check out this model.

Minoura mag trainer.

[Mar 25, 2000]
Craig Beaton

OVERALL
Strength:

Sturdy, easy to use, reliable, does its job well

noisy, heavy.

Its defanately a nice trainer and oh yeah it comes with an unreal video.

[Nov 30, 2002]
Aaron

OVERALL
Strength:

Very well built, seems like a high quality trainer.

Video that comes with it is for more advanced training and is based on heart rate monitoring.

Very good product especially for the money. If you have to be quiet than don't bother. You can easily turn the TV up to have it louder than the trainer or use headphones. If you set it up in a basement and have a TV hooked up to a stereo with headphones you'll be fine. This thing is as loud as the propane heater in my apartment living room.

[Mar 26, 2001]
Michael

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap, simple, blows air

fan noise and bearing noise

I thought I wouldn't mind the noise, but it's too
loud. I worry that my apartment neighbors will
complain. The fan noise is one thing, but after
a few uses it seems to have developed a bearing
noise (knock knock knock knock knock) as well.
I'm going to return it. I'm not sure whether I should
get rollers instead so I can improve my spin and balance.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.