1upUSA CPR A-2000 All-Aluminum Trainer

• Centrifugal Pressure Resistance (CPR) provides the most realistic simulation of riding a bicycle ever
  • CPR resistance technology outperforms fluid, magnet and wind trainers
  • Functional range for continuous operation from 4 watts (5 MPH) to over 3,000 watts (42 MPH), the widest range of resistance in the industry Fluid free, NO LEAKS! CNC machined with less than .001 run-out
  • Six-inch diameter, six-pound all-aluminum flywheel (largest on any trainer) provides a smooth ride with 38 seconds of coast-down
  • Three-inch diameter all-aluminum roller (largest on any trainer) extends tire life and provides the quietest ride of any trainer
  • Foot operated Quick-Release allows you to load your bicycle in only 3 seconds
  • Telescoping front legs allows you to lower the rear tire to the floor for level riding, no riser block needed
  • Vertical height adjustment for any wheel size, even kids bikes
  • Beautiful deep blue and silver anodized light weight all-aluminum construction
  • Folds down to only 6 inches thick for compact storage
  • Comes fully assembled and ready to use
  • Guaranteed for life

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 30, 2013]
    jj

OVERALL
    Strength:

I've used it for several winters now and while I prefer riding outdoors, when there is too much snow and freezing weather this is the only way I can get a ride in.

Not riding outside but the best I've found for indoor training

I like the way it feels. The resistance is very progressive. In my highest gear I can rid out of the saddle to simulate hard climbing. it is quiet and smooth. Easy to set up and in the summer it stows flat to fit under a bed and doesn't take up much room. After several winters I can see that it will likely last me many years more as it is a quality construction. My contacts with the company have all been very useful.

[Oct 07, 2012]
    stanley kowalski

OVERALL
    Strength:

Easy to use. High quality components. Competitive price. Small footprint. Quiet (but it doesn't cure knobby tires on a MTB, of course).

Depends almost entirely on the gearing of the bicycle for its resistance. Do you have a low gear cassette back there? Too darn bad.

Mountain bikers beware! Road bikers, no problem! This device depends entirely on the gearing of the bicycle for its resistance. No problem for any road bike. For mountain bikes that can be a problem. I have to put it in high gear and breeze along for about 45 minutes to get any kind of a workout. All in all, its like a brisk walk around the neighborhood. To be fair, I had a lower gear cassette put in a few years ago when I wore out the cassette it came with (Raleigh M80). But I'm pretty sure there are quite a few bikes like that out there, with gearing like mine, including and especially some high end models. I have read some of the reviews that said something about having the factory send special ball bearings to fix this. Evidently that was a different design. The company had no such thing when I called.

The device is otherwise easy to live with and use, well designed, with obviously high quality componentry. Calling it a work of art or the components "aircraft quality" is probably a bit much.

I particularly resent that there is absolutely no warning about this on their web site. I gave it two chilis instead of three for this.

[Aug 18, 2012]
    Dennis Taylor

OVERALL
    Strength:

Easy and quick set-up. Rear tire is close to the floor so no riser block is needed for the front tire. Smooth progressive realistic resistance. Guaranteed for life.

None.

I'm from Alberta, Canada. Because of the weather up here if a person wants to cycle year round you'll have to have a trainer of some sort. I've owned or still own a lot of trainers including the top ones from Cycleops and Kurt Kinetic and others from Blackburn, Cateye, Minoura and Tacx. Nothing out there compares to the 1up-USA trainer in terms of smooth progressive realistic resistance. On top of it's practicality, it's a beautifully designed and constructed trainer. Simply put, there's nothing else out there like it.

Kurt kinetic Road Machine. Cateye cyclosimulator. Cycleops magneto Pro.

[Apr 16, 2012]
    JWT

OVERALL
    Strength:

Well built trainer, AMERICAN MADE! Great customer service

Like most trainers, it doesn't provide enough resistance for mountain bike use.

I had read that you can change the resistance on the 1up model, but it turns out that was a different year's model. The resistance on the unit is at best riding on a flat road at a medium exertion level...no hills or standing riding is possible with a mountain bike.

[Apr 06, 2012]
    Richard43

OVERALL
    Strength:

Easy to use, nicely weighted flywheel and responds well to increases in speed.

Nothing

I bought this trainer almost 10 years ago and it has continued to work flawlessly. I had a good trainer but after reading about this trainer I decided to try it for myself. I have never looked back.

Cycle Ops Fluid

[Nov 06, 2011]
    kpj

OVERALL
    Strength:

The quality of construction and the ride conditions are superb. the increase in resistance with speed is perfect. And the range is essentially infinite simply by changing gears on the bike. The massive flywheel is great for simulating actual road conditions.

We keep this in my den for training and it looks like a work of art! Its gorgeous. It is extremely easy to load a bike without even bending over- can use your foot on the cam to lock the bike in place. I use it more often than my old ones since it is so easy to set up.

This trainer is essentially totally silent as it uses mechanical friction. The only noise comes from the drive train on the bike. I can train and watch TV with my wife and she is comfy. With my previous high end fluid trainer the noise of the shearing the resistance fluid with the blades was very unpleasant to both of us. I took it back.

the bearings are super smooth.
    They have lifetime warranty and their customer support is highly regarded.

I dont know of any. Based on my evaluation of the design I am confident I can keep this trainer going for decades with less risk of failure than any other trainer. It will outlive me.
    I read dozens of reviews of this on this web site. I am not seeing any of the weaknesses mentioned- clearly they solved any problems from the older models, if any then.

this trainer is far superior to mag trainers and fluid resistance trainers. It will never leak. And the progressive resitance curve is much better than for mag trainers.

And its about the only one left made in America! And I got it for the same price as a fluid trainer made in China.

And it is a gorgeous work of engineering and an art piece.

And the best the one to ride.
    its a no brainer. Buy it with complete confidence.
    And watch the USA prosper with your training.

mag trainers. Highest end fluid trainer.

[Sep 19, 2011]
    Johnny Airtime

OVERALL
    Strength:

Excellent engineering, attention to detail,high quality hardware, precision machining, portability, solid, heavy duty

The solid billet flywheel doesn't fold down to a paper-thin wafer to fit in my wallet

This fantastic piece of work was about 10 years old when I contacted 1up USA to mention something and ask a question about the bike trainer. They sent me a free shipping label, no questions asked. I shipped it to them with a note explaining what I wanted to tell them. They rebuilt the whole thing with new 2011 parts and made it totally up to date like a brand new 2011 model! Got it back in a couple of weeks, and I could not be more totally stoked! I didn't even have to ask them for anything at all! Their customer service is unmatched. Thank you, thank you 1up USA!

This is one aircraft quality piece of equipment. I'm the kind of guy who researches the hell out of things and tries to buy the best. If I can't afford the best, I'll get the best value for the dollar. It's obvious why MTBR gave this bike trainer the "Best Of" award 10 years straight. It exudes quality. Although it's expensive, you've got to decide: do you want to live with a half-assed flexy-flier bike trainer, or do you want a super high quality, strong, quiet, precision machined, aircraft quality, durable, portable, beautiful, heavy duty trainer that you can live with for the rest of your life?

Buy the best when it makes sense to go big or go home. It only hurts as you pay for it, but the superior performance makes you happy for the rest of your life. When you buy a half-assed piece of bargain basement trash, it only feels good as you pay for it, but you walk out the door with it and the pain lasts for the rest of your life. Let this apply to everything you buy that you have to live with.

I'm so happy with their product and service that I'm going to buy their Quik-Rack as well, and I don't even need it! It's just so TRICK. I'll need it someday! God forbid they go out of business and stop making these great products!

[Jan 09, 2011]
    NoviceTriathlete

OVERALL
    Strength:

Simple to mount the bike. Well made in USA! Silent. Stable. Worth more than the price I paid for, features-for-features. Way superior to competitors.

None that I can think of

Best trainer in the market. Cannot speak highly enough of this product in terms of performance, quality, factory support and value. Highly recommended for anyone looking for the best trainer for the money,

Kurt kinetic pro, cycleops

[Nov 28, 2010]
    Al Sanders

OVERALL
    Strength:

I bought my 1upUSA trainer about 8 years ago, and have never had a problem with it. Very well made, and very quiet. I can get as hard of a workout using this product as I want. I use it during the winter while watching videos. The resistance on the 7.5lb wheel is amazing.

None, I love everything about the product.

I would never buy another trainer.

[Nov 01, 2010]
    rollenrob

OVERALL
    Strength:

Smooth and very quiet. Even resistance with road-like feel. The bike mounts in seconds with very easy foot operated mechanism.

None so far,and I've had it just more than a year.

I have the newer black flywheel unit that has been out for over two years. The older model with the brake-pad like material, did have some issues, but when I called 1up, they assured me the old issues no longer exist. The newer model trainer, with the black flywheel now has a white pad that does not create any dust what so ever.

The resistance for the past year has been very consistent. This trainer is extremely quiet, and the only noise while training is from the chain. My old trainer sprung a leak, and whipped oil EVERYWHERE. So I purchased the 1up trainer and have been very happy with my purchase.

The 1up trainer also does not require a riser block. You can actually lower the trainer down to level the bike. HOW COOL IS THAT?

I highly recommend this trainer to any type of rider. I train about an 1hour /day , and so far it has performed flawlessly. I give this trainer 5 chili peppers for one sweet ride!

CycleOps Fluid 2

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.