Park Tool PCS-9 Repair Stand Tools

The Park Tool PCS-9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand includes a 360-degree rotating head and screw-down clamp that holds any bike regardless of frame design. An adjustable height lets you position your bike in the ideal spot whether you're working on derailleur adjustments or replacing your cranks. Park Tool designed the Home Mechanic Repair Stand with collapsible legs, so you can easily stash it in the closet when you're not getting all wrench happy.

[Aug 12, 2013]
Neil

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made, looks like a quality product

Legs flap around when folded.

I have been using this stand over the past month for servicing our bikes a home. The stand is very easy to assemble and is rock solid when the bike is mounted. I had an old seat clamp lying around and replaced the hex screw used to tighten the height adjustment which now gives me quick release so almost as good as the PCS 10. Highly recommended product.

[Jun 21, 2013]
rufio

OVERALL
Strength:

Holds any and every bike because it has an aero/carbon friendly clamp. Good price for a Park Tool work stand. Park Tool work stand quality in a slim package. Very stable. Looks good.

Kind weird and floppy to carry when transporting. Which I do not do frequently. I just noticed this when I was carrying it from the garage to work on my bike indoors during the winter. Lacks adjust-ability that comes with a higher end workstand

This is a great repair stand. I have been very happy with it. It has a good size base and doesn't rock or move around when I'll pulling a bottom bracket or something that takes a little bit of force. I have been pleased with this repair stand. It lacks height adjustment and it is not interchangeable with other clamps, but replacement pads are available.

[Sep 13, 2012]
KingerNS

OVERALL
Strength:

Holds up my VPS no problem, and I have a boxxer fork on the front. Sturdy, I found it used with the tool / bolt tray for 110. Very happy with purchase.

None yet

Works great for the average joe working on a few bikes in the garage. zero complaints

[May 26, 2011]
SimpleJon

OVERALL
Strength:

Great price, packs up quite small, reasonably stable

Could do with improved clamping of vertical to legs and the vertical to vertical extension

For anyone thinking of DIY overhaul or servicing the first and most important tool is a decent stand.I do not know how I managed to overhaul and rebuild bikes before I got this.
This is the best value home mechanic stand that works properly that I have come across.
Heavy duty structural steel tubular easily assembled solid and stable.
Its best point is the clamp which is grooved to allow cables to pass through and rubber coated so doesn't damage the paint. This holds the frame solidly and allows the bike to spun through 360' and rigidly clamped making access to all parts a walk in the park.
a more solid vertical to leg assembly clamp (that eliminates wobble) rand some sort of quick release mechanism as opposed to allen bolts for the height adjustment would make this perfect. But overall pretty damn good

X tools version and several other cheapo

[May 07, 2011]
temp

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid heavy steel BUT ... weak link is welds holding the legs to the stand.

Welds holding the bottom stand to the vertical are very weak. After a year of use one gave way and came away. The stand is unusable. I would examine the welds on securing the horizontal legs to the vertical stand before buying and compare and compare with other stands.

I do not recommend.

[Dec 20, 2010]
BigWall

OVERALL
Strength:

Very stable.
Can swing the bike way overhead upside-down.

Clamp on vertical tubes looks weak.

Way, way better than the crappy old Minoura stand I've been using for 25 years. The bike used to twist out of it every time I got serious with something.
The Park holds the bike securely at a useful height.

I absolutely love it.

Minoura

[Aug 31, 2008]
Fort_Ord_biki

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, adjustable height, holds the frame tube, rotating arm, foldable for storage, sturdy

Kind of complicated to fold and unfold. Not so intuitive which way to turn to tighten or loosen the arm, jaw need turning not quick release

I paid $47 for this used repair stand from a Santa Cruz fella that I found on Craiglist. He wanted $50 and I could only talk away $3 from him.

$47 is a great price for a used bike stand, a Park Tool PC-9.

It's a hefty piece of machine, 23.5 lbs according to the Park website, meaning it's got a lot of heavy gauge metal tubes.

And it's not all intuitive to setup the stand, to unfold and fold the legs. The previous owner was showing me how he used the stand and it was not even correct. He left the upper mast tube fixed with the collar and the plastic collar was just sitting free on top of the lower mast tube. With a 5 mm allen wrench, that was taken cared of in a minute.

To fold the legs out, you have to basically slide the central tube down or was it up?? You use a 5mm, I think, allen wrench to loosen or tighten some nuts and you are ready to go. Oh... once you put on the bike and need to move the bike higher, you would probably want to remove the bike first and adjust the height first before putting back the bike.

The stand works. It does. But you probably won't take it out for a 30 minutes repair and put it away. It's too cumbersome for that.

But I say, it works. It's a stable bike a real mechanic's stand. But it's not so easy to mount or dismount the bike because the jaw does not have a quick release lever, instead you have to turn this screw with a lever. It take a few more seconds, but it does the job. The lever that adjust the tightness of the arm is a bit more confusing. If you want to rotate the bike, this lever is facing away from you and I always ended up tightening it when I want to loosen it or the other way around. And I got my hand cause between the folding lever... ouch!

If you want an expensive bike stand that works but don't mind the time to set it up and folding it up to store it, I recommend PC-9

none that lifts book wheel off the ground

[Aug 04, 2007]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use, good price.

Most of the clamps are plastic. The plastic clamp holding the 2 vertical tubes together broke. Once the bike is in the air it is not stable rotation wise because you cannot tighten plastic clamp enough. It is cumbersome to move around. Overall mostly a pile of crap.

Too much plastic on this stand. The bike is not stable once it is clamped in. The actual clamp for the bike is adequate. Buying ultimate pro now.

[Jan 04, 2007]
tai gunter

OVERALL
Strength:

sturdy

hard to stand up
broke.

good stand, holds the bike well. 360 degree clamp handle broke but it still works. contacting park currently.

[Jun 03, 2006]
Glenn Poirier

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, easy to set up and use. Quality construction. Stable.

Adjustibility. It's not that easy to adjust the height and orientation of the stand and bike when on stand. But, for the money, what do you want?

This is a darn good stand for the money. It works. Gets the bike off the ground so you can clean it, lube it, work on it.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.