Park Tool Glueless Patch Kit Tools

ParkTool worked with 3MTo produce a self adhesiveTube patchThat stretches, flexes,Twists, andTurns right along withTheTube. No messy glue, no bulky packaging. Lightly roughenTube withThe included sandpaper, clean, apply patch, and youre readyTo go. Six patches with sandpaper in a neat little carry along box.

[Jun 16, 2015]
jenine
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

none of any kind what so ever.

Make you cry miles from home.

I was down to my last tube and then it goes pop ,so I fixed with a park toll patch... only a few miles later all the air came out of my tube, no more patches left to attempt another fix... i cried.. i was miles from home with no way of getting back... lucky for me i managed to strap my wheels on my back pack and jump the tram home. I hate these things with a passion, they are utter junk. they have been junk for years but i kept getting them for free from my LBS, but even at that price they are a rip off. just get a real patch kit, and carry more than two spare tubes, i really want these things to work for some reason, but they don’t there truly awful.

[Jan 21, 2013]
Bridger
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Keeps you from being stuck in the bush with a flat
Easy to install
Very affordable
Glueless so you don't have to worry about them drying up

Not as reliable as a glue patch kit.

These are NOT a permanent fix, so all the people that complain about how they don't last obviously don't know what they were made for. They will not last for ever. They were made to get you out of the woods if you get a flat. Once I get home I replace the tube.

[Jul 18, 2012]
seeker

OVERALL
Strength:

Saves 3-5 minutes it takes for glue to dry, in a repair process that takes me 10-15 minutes total depending largely on the difficulty or dismounting and remounting tire onto rim.

Glueless patches are better than patchless patches (they're better than nothing).

Most glueless patches I've used fail hours to weeks after the repair. I estimate the failure rate at well above 50%. Traditional glued patches rarely let go on me, I'd say much less than 10%.

I'd rather lose 5 minutes and fix a flat once, than lose >20 minutes fixing a flat repeatedly.

Perhaps these things appeal to racers, folks with no time to waste, and a crew to fix them again later.

many brands of traditional patching kits WITH glue

[Jun 18, 2010]
Eric Dial

OVERALL
Strength:

It's small and neat like breath strips.

It doesn't seal any holes without the glue. Air bubbles form like on bad window tinting. It's like stopping a water hose leak with duct tape.

Three patches on three different innertubes didn't work to seal tiny pinholes.

Rubber patches and glue, fix-a-flat, slime, rubber cement.

[Apr 18, 2010]
bigkevgray

OVERALL
Strength:

No glue
No waiting
Tiny pack holds 6 patches & sand paper

Not found any

These are brilliant. I've went through 5 packs (30 patches) and never had a problem with them sticking or leaking air. If you get them make sure you sand/clean the area correctly and press the patch down very firmly(The patch will blend in with the tube if you push it hard enough).

The only thing I would change is the addition of a small tool to press the patch down firmly. I got one with a pack of weldtite glueless patches that I've kept.

Gave them a 4 for value becuase they are about twice the price in the UK compared to US.

Weldtite glueless patches

[May 31, 2009]
bp47
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Good idea in theory

Adhesive not strong enough - does not hold.

I had gotten a flat and I figured I patch the couple of tubes laying around that had holes in them and reuse those. The patches are really simple to use, but ultimately they did not last. I did the usual sanding and cleaning of the tube and applying of the patch. I patched two tubes with these and inserted one back onto the bike. Later, about a couple hours while watching TV, I heard a strange noise coming from my kitchen (where my bike is stored), it was tire deflating! And I hadn't even ridden the bike yet! Now suspicious. I pumped up my other tubed I repaired and just let it sit. Again! An hour later, air was hissing out! There were no air bubbles in my repairs. But, upon examining these tubes, you could see how the air pressure created it's own escape bubble. Needless to say I will not buy again.

regular patches

[Jul 20, 2008]
buffgato

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy, fast, permanent

None so far

I am absolutely in love with this product. In the late summer, I get at least one flat per week because of the ridiculous number of thorns on the ground here. Before I decided to invest in a new set of tubes, I was riding around with 6 or 7 of these patches on each wheel. Never had a leak, never had a problem. I always make sure to sand down the tube really well, and it always sticks. Much better than sitting around, waiting for glue to dry.

Glue-on patches

[Feb 03, 2007]
Robert

OVERALL
Strength:

speed & ease of use?

doesn't stay on the long run.

Not even worth it. I fully agree with the "rub it down with alcohol(isopropyl, not beer:)) after scuffing tube" theory.
I have been using these things off & on more than 7 years & have come to the realization they simply are not worth it (unless you are racing,of course)Seems no mater what i try the edges come unglued after a cpl of months or so.then when i get multiples on tube it can & does compound things. so i just toss tube or use it for other things.
Nothing better than Rema Tip-Tops for durability.
I have never ever had one inkling of trouble ever with those & iam one to put patches on top of patches until the tube is one big continueous patch.
"dried up tube of glue" is a myth if cap is properly on tube,right.
So the "bottom line" is 1 terd served up on the dinner plate for you,enjoy.

Rema , Innovations.

[Sep 26, 2001]
Rommel

OVERALL
Strength:

Fits in my seatpack, doesn't require matches and glue

You have to put it on so that there are no air bubbles showing on the surface of the patch. This could take effort.

These patches have worked for me without flaw. Unfortunately, you have to make sure that the surface is rough enough to take the patch and hold it. Easily done by scraping the surface with your tire lever, a dime, sand paper, a stick, whatever. After the surface is rough, press the patch down, make the air bubbles go away, good to go. I give 'em a four because they don't jump on the tire and seat themselves.

[Apr 11, 2003]
Ryan

OVERALL
Strength:

Good idea, but don't hold up for long. Very easy to carry and install.

Have tendancy to come loose and thus create another flat tire

At first these things worked great for me. After I used them on more tubes they just didn't stand up. Don't use these on road tubes, they suck ass. Will work though for mtn bike tubes if you install them properly.

cheap glue-type patches

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.