Park Tool Crank Puller Tools

Best Price At

The CWP-7 is a compact crank puller with a built-in 8mm hex for removing crank bolts.

[Sep 01, 2007]
Pete

OVERALL
Strength:

strong tool, works well

Well after posting the comment below, I realized that I was using the wrong tool for the job. I was using a CCP-4 instead of a CCP-2, which is for square taper bottom brackets. So this is a good tool, just make sure you get the right one.

[Aug 31, 2007]
Pete

OVERALL
Strength:

Good solid tool. Does what it's supposed to do and then some!

None really.

This tool worked fine and took both my crank arms off. The reason why I gave this a lower rating is because the package didn't say anything about how to use it. So I figure there's nothing to it and I screw the outer ring in and start cranking down. Well I really cranked down, and nothing moved. Then I realized I was supposed to remove the center pin, but by that time I had already nearly destroyed the crank threads. I was just able to pull the crank off with the right tool setup with a bit of luck. So, good tool other than no warning about making this mistake. :/

[Mar 27, 2007]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

High quality, easy to use.

Kind of expensive

A little expensive for the number of times I'll probably use it, but it definitely makes the job easier. High quality tool so it should last a while. I was able to use this on both my Shimano and Campy setup if that is an issue for you. Price is the only reason it's not a 5.

[Mar 06, 2004]
Tony

OVERALL
Strength:

Works as advertised
Made in USA

Never had a problem with stripping. Just make sure you use lots of grease. A good tool is one where you just use it over and over and not have to think about it. Then you know you've got a good one.

[Sep 27, 2001]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

got the cranks off

the arm is captive, so you must spin it completely around, increasing the possibility of skinning your knuckles on the pedals or chainstays. Other designs have a hex with a movable arm which is easier to use.

works but look for the style where the ratchets or is moveable, especially if you have toe clips

taiwan-made item which was better thought out, but wasmade more cheaply and eventually broke.

[Apr 30, 2006]
Mike

OVERALL

Picked up a CCP-4 for my Shimano Crank - the rotating tip busted off the first time I used it!

Busted first time used.

[Dec 24, 2000]
Jeff

OVERALL

What can I say, it pulls cranks, and it pulls them well. I have been a bike mechanic for little under 2 years, and this puller has been used day in and day out and still works great as when I first got it. As for the short lever, cant do too much to change that unless you want to take the pedals off every time you pull a crank and that could become very anoying, so instead wrap some handle bar tape around it and she will feel great every time you pull a crank no matter how hard it is go get off. I also keep grease on the threads, just like any other bolt that you would grease.

[Sep 14, 1999]
grannygear

OVERALL
Strength:

price
versatility

inside threads cross threaded after a year of use.

It worked great while it lasted but the handle threads cross threaded while pulling a tight crank.

[Jul 04, 1999]
jamie

OVERALL
Strength:

gets cranks off easily

the handle could be a little longer but thata is no problem unless you are weak

it works really good. It cost 20 bucks but I think it will last forever so it is all hits and no misses

[May 19, 2001]
Dustin Smith

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a really nice tool and does the job of pulling crans with ease even with really tight ones. for a tool its not to bad is size the threads seem a little too fine and make it stiff at times

If your in to mechanics like me and are alwaya wanting to clean your bike or grease the threads get this tool, its guarateed you'll use it alot more than just once.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.