Park Tool BK-2 Roll Up Complete Workshop Tools

[Oct 25, 2006]
Jay

OVERALL
Strength:

This thing is compact, there are a few empty spaces in the cloth carry case to add nececaties like a couple skrew drives, adjuatable wrenth, sisors, and a ratchet. Those and a campy casette tool, stand alone allen keys, and a 17/18 cone wrench are all I have added and all I have needed to add. Its great to just roll it up and throw it my race travel bag or in the car. This thing will last so long it may just pay it self off in beers people give me for fixin there bikes.

Perhaps the 32 tool park kit is a little better?
Less buisness for the bike shop?
Not cheep - but why would any one use a 4 dollar wrench to round off and mangle an 80 dollar part?

This thing is an amazing value. Some of the tools do two functions like the double ended headset wrench, the pedal wrench/chain whip and the double ended cone wrenches, even the 3 in one spoke wrench works well. Unless you plan on using em like very day the stand alone versions are not a huge improvement. The best thing about park isnt the way there tools are made or how well they work - its there customer service. I lost a small part of my crank puller and sent an E-mail asking where to get a new one. A couple days later the replacment part just showed up in the mail. NOW THATS SERVICE. That type of service is practically unheard of in any industry - companies of all sorts could learn from park. THe sercive from park puts them well ahead of the only real competition - pedros. Plus there are great tutorials for the rookie on the parktool web site.

Pedros - almost as good, Lifu - pretty crap, sette - pretty crap, hozan - ok , shimano - ok, campy - ok.

[Sep 16, 2002]
Chris Smalley

OVERALL
Strength:

All the specialty tools you need in a convenient package.
Easy to carry along in the car.

The included spoke wrench broke. But I sent an e-mail to Park and received two "real" spoke wrenches. GO PARK!!!

This has saved me hundreds of dollars in the last 6 years. You need to add a couple "regular" tools like, screwdriver, adjustable wrench, ratchet, common sense (my be hard to locate for some and Park dosent sell it). This has alloed me to keep my bikes in top shape. Park customer service is great!!!!

If you have basic mechanical ability, you can save $$$$$$!

Misc. Tools

[Nov 14, 2002]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

1. More than enough tools for the beginner/intermediate mechanic.
2. Park quality

Less business for the LBS because you'll be fixing your bike yourself more????

An excellent tool kit. Got me started on really fixing stuff on my own bike. I bought this kit and got the new version of Barnett's Manual and was set. I can now fix nearly anything on my bike. All of the tools reflect the well-known quality of Park and will hold up to abuse. Over time, I have added to the collection of tools that came with the kit, but like the directions that come with it say, you only need to add some tools you can get at your hardware store and you can do nearly anything to your bike. I would reccomend this kit to anyone starting out wrenching on your own bike or who doesnt have a lot of these tools. Great idea from Park. 5 chilis all the way around.

------------

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.