Park Tool AK-32 Advanced Mechanic Tool Kit Tools

This is Park?s big kahuna for home mechanics. All you need is a truing stand and work stand and you?re just as ready to do serious maintenance to your bike as most local bike shops. 37 heavy duty, shop-strength tools including TL-1, CT-3, SW-0/1/3, TB-1, GP-2, AWS-1, AWS-3, HR-8, CBW-1, CBW-4, BBT-2, CCP-2, CCW- 14R, HCW-15 (2), CM-3, CC-2, CNW-1, PPL-1, SR-1, FR-5, PW-3, SCW-20, SBC-1, CN-4, and GSC-1.

[Jun 06, 2003]
Jimmy V

OVERALL
Strength:

awesome tools
park quality

These are the only tools you need. Don't even bother looking elsewhere. It may seem a bit expensive, but just think about 10 years down the road when you're still using the same set.

Never go cheap on tools. The first time you crack a tool and injure yourself you'll wish you spent that few extra dollars.

cheap-o generic brand kit from nashbar

[Sep 22, 2005]
Isaac

OVERALL
Strength:

I've been a amateur mechanic, and these tools rival the best of craftman, snap-on, etc. I love these tools, and I bought these because I needed bike specific parts, and I didnt want to go looking for tools out of my auto toolbox

expensive, very expensive. Some tools are redundant, and they added tire boot and sealant, and grease, which I would rather have tools instead (any consumables put into a tool set is redundant, and overpriced)

Buy this, if you want to rebuild your bike for any reason. You may find some of the wrench sizes are redundant, or others you may never use. However, the tools are top notch, a must have for any amateur mechanic, or tool fanatic.

Craftsman, snap on, and crappy autozone stuff

[Oct 04, 2001]
Matt Smith

OVERALL
Strength:

Has everything you could ever need for almost any job and carries an excellent warranty. Perfect for the home mechanic who values quality above everything else.

Could do with a wrench for the cassette remover.

Excellent, worth the extra pennies!

All kinds of cheap and nasties.

[Sep 04, 2000]
Eruption

OVERALL
Strength:

Almost every tool you need

Great kit for the do-it-yourself riders out there. I take mine with me in the truck along with my Park folding race stand.

too many to list......I am a mechanic

[Jun 29, 2000]
Randy

OVERALL
Strength:

Most every bike tool for modern bikes you'll need
Quality

Would've liked to have seen tools for older parts

In the 1 month I've had this tool kit (and a good MTB book) I've been able to become more knowledgeble and more efficient at working on both my 2 bikes and my brother's older '94 Trek 800. Definitely a great purchase for me.

The only issue I have is that I would've liked to have seen a few more tools for older parts. For example, my bro's Trek has an old adjustable bottom bracket and I had to buy a separate BB wrench for it. Pin spanners would've been nice too.

I got mine from BikeWorld.com for $210 (w/free shipping). If you plan on doing work yourself this is definitely a great set to have.

4 for value (esp. w/ the BikeWorld price)
5 Overall

[Dec 11, 1999]
Tsunami a wanna be

OVERALL
Strength:

Almost all the tools you'll ever need.
Shop Quality and durable
Looks Cool
makes you look like a pro mechanic even if your not
you save about $150 by buying the tool kit vs. each tool individually
comes with a cool tool box

makes you wanna take apart your bike for no reason
Heavy if you try to carry it with you on the trail
almost too pretty to get dirty

if you want tools to last you a lifetime buy these! as good as high quality stuff like snap-on.
My LBS (Sun Bike Shop in Milpitas, CA) gave me a deal on these, $216.00 out the door price w/ a book, zinn and the art of mtn. bike, so thats why i had to get it. if you want to see what this tool kit looks like, and everything it comes with, check out the performance bike catalog.

Snap-On
Craftsman
cheap Taiwanese stuff

[Feb 05, 2001]
Mad Monkey

OVERALL
Strength:

Almost all the tools needed to take a bike apart.

ALMOST all the tools

All the tools man, in one box. That makes life easier, but it does lack some double wrenches for hubs, and a wrench for the cassette remover.

All the el cheepos' you can think of.

[Jan 22, 2003]
Chance Richie

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent quality, nice toolbox

Expensive and doesn't come with a hot shop girl

This is an excellent place to begin if you are making a commitment to becoming a better bike mechanic. I have had to add a couple of tools other than what came with it but that is no big deal. Park = Quality.

[Nov 19, 2002]
John Wiegley

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty much everything you need for maintaining a modern bicycle.

Toolbox is way too small. Missing a lockring wrench and pin wrench (for disassembling the bottom brackets of older bikes). The freewheel remover doesn't work if the axle is still in place on some bikes (it just slips out and strips the threads).

I think this is a great way to start out your mechanic's toolset. After buying this, I still had a ways to go (truing stand, ratchet & sockets, adjustable wrenches, etc), but it really brings nearly all of the *bike specific* tools into your shop in one purchase.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.