KING CAGE King Cage Tire Levers Tools

While we prefer to take our clincher tires on and off by hand, there are those who need tire levers. For those who have the need, these levers are probably the coolest levers around and are definitely the lightest metal tire levers ever designed -- the lightest levers that actually work. They're made from 3/2.5 titanium tubes, the same stock that the King Cage titanium cages come from. They can pull off almost any tire, though it might break with a DH tire and a tight-fitting rim. Likewise, take care with featherweight rims, as the titanium is probably stronger than the aluminum alloy. 8g/pr.

[Jul 09, 2020]
joyfulrabbit

OVERALL
Strength:

I came here to review this tire lever, to over rule the other 1 star review. This is metal. If you are a dumbass, you can damage your rim. If you damage your rim, you are a dumbass. This is the -best- tire lever for getting the last little bit of a tire onto a rim. I have broken the thin plastic lip off countless pedros levers. They are too wide and get fat too fast. You can slide these things in a very small gap and gently pull the bead of the tire up over the rim. It is a game change because it is a)narrow b)doesn't break! All my rims are carbon. Tires fit tight. These levers are MAGIC for that last 8" of tire. I carry 1 of these and a Pedros on every ride, and use them in the shop too.

Your buddies will steal them. Buy more than 2.

Purchased:
New
[Jun 24, 2019]
Wheel

OVERALL
Strength:

Damaged the rim. See the picture : https://www.lesateliersdelafourmi.org/king-cage-levers/

Too thin, not large enough, not flat enouch, so all the power is applied on a too small point, result is disastrous.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2019
[Jul 16, 2013]
Kevin

OVERALL
Strength:

Light

Marred wheel rim.

Tool deformed on first use.

Hook too shallow to grab bead.

I was so excited to receive these handmade-in-the-USA ultralight Ti levers. The day they came in the mail I deflated my tires just for the chance to put my new tools to use only to be disappointed. The levers were too shallow to hook the bead, and after a few seconds of trying I noticed a gouge on my rim forming and that the hollow lever had begun to deform. I am extremely dissatisfied.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.