Delta HunchRack Rack

• Designed to work with any vehicle
  • Loads of foam padding and coated hooks prevent scratching

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 10, 2010]
    Cruzinaz

OVERALL
    Strength:

versatile, easy to mount bikes for shorter guys. Mounts to any vehicle.

lots of little straps to adjust. plastic ratchet straps are crappy

Versatile rack that fit a Blazer, 300ZX-T, Impala SS, Integra securely. If you do trunk mount it be prepared for scratches on your bumper where the pads rest (if your bumpers are shiny painted black like mine were). The ratches straps broke quickly but a bunjy here and there works fine. I always bunjy the front too just in case the quick release decides to release. I bunjy the wheels on the front wheel holder too.

other bike racks

[May 31, 2003]
    Thomas

OVERALL
    Strength:

Easy of use and attachment to car

Front wheel holder doesn't work on my car

Unlike the previous review I did not have a problem with the front skewer. It was a little rough to adjust when it arrived in the mail so I removed the skewer and applied a little spray lube. This allowed me to adjust and tighten it completely. On my particular car (Mazda Protege5) the bumper attachment stuck just a little too high to allow me to use the front-wheel attachment, but I honestly don't care because it's easier and faster to throw the wheel in the back seat.

Otherwise couldn't be more satisfied with it - it's incredibly easy to install and assemble!

Rhode Gear trunk-mounted rack from early 1990's

[Jun 12, 2007]
    Dan

OVERALL

Don't waste your money. My girlfriend and I have a Honda Insight, which is a difficult car to find bike racks for. Neither Yakima nor Thule sell rack systems to fit our car. The Saris system also would have fit, but it was a little more expensive. Within a few months of having bought the Hunchrack, both plastic buckles that secure the rear wheel of the bike to the rack had broken off and were lost forever. When I called the company, they were quick to respond. Unfortunately, rather than replacing the rack or the buckles, they mailed me two pieces of velcro to place where the buckles once were; hardly reassuring. I haven't used the rack since and am probably going to try and sell it. Unless they've fixed this problem, I suggest buying a different bike rack system.

[May 06, 2002]
    Morgan Andriulli

OVERALL
    Strength:

Good configuration for all types of cars and hatchbacks. A good design for hanging bikes on a hatchback or wagon without going to a roof rack.

It is easy to adjust and tension the straps, making setup and removal of the rack a quick process.

Quick Release Skewer is too eager to release. Took my wife's Litespeed for a 70 mph, $400 drag down the freeway.

I suspect a defect in the shape of the quick release cam. It simply will not go completely over center. It visibly moves even when fully tightened. In effect, it cannot ever be fully secured. The manufacturer has been contacted.

Good design with a possible engineering or manufacturing defect in the QRs. Tread Cautiously. People with those idiotic safety catch front dropouts have nothing to fear. Everyone else who values their beloved ride should wait for generation two of the skewer design.

Rhode Gear Euroshuttle

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.