Zefal DoubleShot Floor Pump Pump

Zefal Doubleshot Floor Pump

[Oct 14, 2016]
Stan Wiggins

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, trouble-free service for 30+ years

None I can find

In my experience, over 30 years of bike and m/c tires, and topping up auto tires, I've never had a problem. Disassembled every 5 years or so to wipe down seals and re-oil. Will attempt a repair when I get around to it; hose obviously dried out but that's easily replaced. Used only on Schraeder valves so this is not an endorsement or criticism regarding Presta.
This is the kind of item that inspires you to do preventive maintenance, because things that work this well tend to become unobtainable over time, or the design is cheaped out. The closest large-capacity equivalent may be the Zefal Alaska, but it's hard to find and actually order (software at websites sucks).

[Jun 25, 2013]
shupack

OVERALL
Strength:

This pump is 13 years old, just realized that.

hose died after 13 years, not really weak, but the weakest link.

The hose dry-rotted and leaks, so I'm looking for a new hose, pump still works great. Longest lasting bit of bike stuff I have (so far).

[May 21, 2003]
Matt Lou

OVERALL
Strength:

Inflates quickly

Cheapo plastic, valve design could be better

Have used this pump for over 13 years without any problems. Constantly pumping tires to 100-130 PSI. Valve design is really the only weakness. I would still go with steel cylinder pumps as they are more reliable than any plastic pump.

Zefal Husky, Zefal Rush, Topeak joe blow, Silca, etc

[Dec 14, 2006]
Michael Ryerson

OVERALL
Strength:

Sorry guys, but it's been a great product for me. Had it nearly 20 years, cutoff and replaced the junky original head with a Silca head. No problems until today. Seal gone on the downstroke side, found this site on my way to ordering spare parts from Zefal. Plan to use this pump another 20 years.

Original head was crap.

Ive had nothing but good luck with this pump and buy another in a flash if this one disappeared.

have and use a couple of old silca pumps but they can't keep up with the Zefal speed.

[Mar 22, 2007]
David Ellis

OVERALL
Strength:

I have owned and used this pump for about 18 years, and it has performed great. The seals remain tight, and it works great. I did manage to slice the hose a few years ago, but fixed it with a coupler. I also use it for my motorcycle when a few more pounds are necessary.

I don't know of any.

My Zefal Husky pump is absolutely wonderful!

Many floor pumps in my youth.

[Apr 05, 1996]
Francis
Norba racer

OVERALL

This pump is BIG. and it pumps when you're pushing down and pulling up. Thus it's probably the fastest way to inflate a tire. The construction is all-plastic but it seems to holding up well. I was able to upgrade it too... really. I changed the cumbersome push and lock air valve to one of the simple brass slica air valve. So for presta valves I just push it in, 3 strokes, then pull it out. Only problem is all my buds keep borrowing it so I have to keep getting it out of my trunk!

[May 13, 1996]
Jeff Noethe
cross-country rider

OVERALL

I've owned this pump for over five years, and it has served its purpose well. The high-volume and two-way action make easy work of any tire. I used to just use frame pumps, but this is much easier. My only complaint is that the guage went goofy after the first year. To resolve the problem, I bought a quality tire guage (approx. $8) with a dial guage and bleed valve. The system works perfectly.

[May 20, 1996]
Brian Flynn
cross-country rider

OVERALL

An excellent pump, filling a tire in a few strokes. The only problem I had was the gasket for the hose/pump body connection got squished and had to be replaced. Get a hard rubber gasket-type washer instead of the o-ring. Set you back 30 cents.

[May 28, 2001]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Inflated tires quickly with minimal effort (with the stroke anyway)

wobbly base
gauge tough to read
head leaks all over the place

works beautifully if you have a buddy to hold the pump head straight on the valve stem. Otherwise it leaks all over the place. Also, the brilliant designers decided to put the gauge on the handle so you can't read it unless you stop pumping because it moves up and down. I don't recommend it.

Silca
cheapies

[Jan 09, 1999]
Don
weekend warrior

OVERALL

I have owned two Zefal Double Shot floor pumps. Mine also exploded (the inner plunger tube blew up) like other posts below have said, and one dealer here told me that it's not economical to repair and another said it takes him a month to get parts from Zefal. So I'm going to try the Blackburn TP-4 even though MBA says it takes twice the number of strokes to inflate a tube as the Zefal Double Shot. At least it's metal and hopefully more rebuildable. Also, the Double Shot's base is very unstable.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.