Topeak Road Morph with Gauge Pump

Best Price At

TheTopeak 2000 Road Morph quite literally morphs from a lightweight frame pump into a stable and sturdy floor pump. It makes filling up high pressure roadTires a breeze.The secretToThisTransformation isThe paddedT-handle andThe fold down foot pad.The Road Morph also hasThe abilityTo pump presta and shraeder valves.The pump head has a lockingThumb lever and in-line gauge. Frame attachment hardware includedConvertible head for presta or shraederInline air gaugeFold down foot pad Aluminum barrel

[Jul 14, 2010]
wamcneil

OVERALL
Strength:

Good compromise between small size and utility. Enough pressure for road tires and enough volume for mountain.

Gauge might not be very accurate, but you can't really expect an accurate gauge in a small pump.

This is a pretty good little pump and it does its job well. I carry in my gear bag so I can always have a pump available before the ride. It's small enough to always carry in the bag, but big enough that it is not a total pain to use.
I carry CO2 on the ride for flats, so I don't usually carry this pump on the bike, but it works pretty well strapped up alongside the frame or in a backpack.
The little linear pressure gauge is probably not the most accurate gauge in the world, but it's a lot better than no gauge and I don't know how it could be improved while still keeping it compact.
My wife ran over the pressure gauge/presta end this morning, so I was pretty irritated (until I realized it was my fault it wound up under the car...). But then I called Topeak's customer support number and they're shipping me a new hose/presta assy for about $10 delivered!

CO2, mini pumps, frame pumps

[Mar 30, 2009]
jabpn

OVERALL
Strength:

The only pump I've found that will actually let you get your road tires to correct PSI with not to much effort.

Seals and heat generation.

When this pump works it works very well. For the most part I haven't had any issues. However, the time I did have an issue I was out on mile 45 on a 50 mile there and then 50 back ride. What happened was that one of the O-ring seals was shot. It was getting caught in the pump action and wouldn't seal. Going slow, taking the pump apart and lubing the seal with spit allowed me to get enough air in the tire to eventually make it home...barely.

When I got home I went to my local hardware store and found some metric O-rings to replace the old ones and then made sure to lube the barrel and O-rings with some silicone grease. I'm not sure but I think the high temperatures involved in pumping to high pressures gradually softens the O-rings to the point that they start leaving skid marks on the barrel like a bad rubber shoe on a gymnasium floor. Eventually the O-rings are pulled and ground down to the point they become useless. Every year now I make sure that the pump has new grease. I haven't had a problem since the O-ring replacement.

Other than this issue the pump has worked great and I like being able to pump my road tires up to full riding pressure so I don't have to cut rides short. I have the pump mounted on my top tube and I don't notice it in the least when I'm riding. I highly recommend this pump for a road rider and to be on the safe side I now carry a couple of extra O-rings and small tube of grease in my saddle bag just in case. If one had to you can break the pump down in the field and replace all the parts if you have them on hand.

Topeak Master Blaster, Planet Bike Ozone, a few others

[Jan 23, 2009]
Harry Levins

OVERALL
Strength:

Over 30+ years of cycling (40,000+ miles?), this is the only bicycle pump I've owned that can easily inflate to 120 psi without fear of damaging the inner tube stem.

For most bikes and bicyclists, none that I am aware of. I have read other reviewers' concerns about fragility, but I did not experience that. I carried the pump about 4,000 road miles and used it just a few times without problems.

Best pump I've owned.

[Aug 28, 2008]
Rocky

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, pumps up to a high pressure.

Falls apart easily.

I wanted to use this on a bike trip across Japan. Within the first week it started to fall apart. First the fold out lever to step on broke, then the high pressure blow out valve failed, then the handle to attach to the the tire valve fell off. I wrote to the company about the product, they never returned an answer.

[Aug 01, 2008]
Chainleg

OVERALL
Strength:

Small , light weight, easy to attach and remove, great in emergencies

Very hard to read gauge, head sometimes loosens up

For the money the best emergency pump. Until,,, the turbo morph with dial gauge, looks promising.

Smaller pumps

[May 24, 2008]
Pam

OVERALL
Strength:

When it works it works great

rarely ever works, deflates your tire if it has air, does not stay connected to valve, would be useless in a race. Takes forever to inflate if it does work, which is rare.

I would not recommend to anyone, totally unreliable

Road Master Blaster

[May 01, 2008]
Taylor

OVERALL
Strength:

Pumps air very well when it works!

I didn't even get to use this pump. I got it so that I wouldn't be stranded out in the middle of nowhere however, when I did need to use it the clip that holds it in place had fallen off on the trail somewhere. So much for being reliable.

Don't get this pump unless you want to keep track of all the small pieces as they fall off on the trail!

[Jun 18, 2003]
Terry Koko.

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use. Fold out handle and foot piece that allows the pump to work like a conventional floor pump.

Thd fact that pumping still requires a minimal effort and that acquiring the pump is not free of charge.

The guage is accurate and pumping is effortless. However, I wouldn't use it as an everyday floor pump which is why I plan to get a Silca Super Pista. The Road Morph works for me.

The kraut SKS minipump. Like the Volkswagen Beetle, it should have face the firing squad long ago.

[Aug 31, 2003]
Sam

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, tough design, gauge, clip attach to bike, foot brace for easy pumping (up to 120psi)

Pump hits frame when riding

Gotta be one of the best pumps around, given its size, quality and gauge system. My only problem is with the clip system to the frame. i've had to add sponge tape to the frame to stop the pump "clanging" against the frame when riding. Recommended to everyone.

[May 24, 2003]
Dan Benefiel

OVERALL
Strength:

Works great. Easy to fill to 100#. Not as heavy as expected.

Fat & hard to mount on my road bike.

Stop by a store & see how you would mount it. It's not thin & streamlined. The pump itself is amazing, though. Nearly as easy as a full floor pump. Guage is accurate. Recommended.

Blackburn Air-Stick

• Available At

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.