Topeak Pocket Shock DXG Pump

Best Price At
Available At
Available At

Topeak doesn't make shocks, but they make lots of smartly-designed pumps that accomplish a variety of tasks. The Topeak Pocket Shock DXG with Dial Gauge is their dee-luxe shock pressurizer. There is a 300psi gauge sitting atop an aluminum barrel. Attached to the carbon-faced gauge (high on style), is a rotating hose with a Pressure Rite connector. Like most of the pumps we sell, there's a precise bleeder valve for carefully removing the pump while exacting the right air pressure. Kraton-covered plastic handle is easy to operate. The 21.5cm length is small enough to safely stow in a jersey pocket.

[Aug 22, 2014]
yanivyam

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice design

The hose blew at the first time

Ordered a brand new Pocket Shock DXG pump since it has good reviews on many sites. The first time I used the pump I tried to fill the rear shock with air, the rubber hose blew at around 110 PSI leaving the pump useless.

I took the pump to the local Topeak dealer and the only thing they could suggest is to purchase a new hose instead of repairing it. Due to this bad customer service I wouldn't purchase Topeak products again.

[Jul 26, 2013]
CIRILO PASCUAL

OVERALL
Strength:

Precisa y compacta

El latiguillo flexible ha reventado despues de usarla unas 20 veces.

Si no hubiese tenido este percance el producto es bueno. Ahora no encuentro recambio en ninguna parte por lo tanto mi puntuación es muy mala.

[Mar 14, 2013]
Shmoo
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Loses very little air upon disconnect.

Ergos.

I'm coming from a Specialized Windpipe, which I thought was decent. This pump is much better at keeping pressure during disconnection. There's two extra steps involved (screwing/unscrewing), but is well worth knowing that where you disconnected it is pretty accurate to what's inside your fork/shock.
It's a bit awkward when pumping, with one hand on the gauge and the other at the tip of the pump - small issues for what it does.

Specialized Windpipe

[Jul 27, 2012]
Dean

OVERALL
Strength:

I own a bike shop. This is my favourite shock pump. I really like the airlock feature. It significantly minimizes air pressure loss when disconnecting the air line.

Had one air line rupture after several years service. A T handle would be nice.

The best shock pump I have found.

Lezyne shop shock pump, Rock Shox pump.

[May 31, 2012]
mickmutante
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use, doesn't loose pressure.

Hard to screw and unscrew the pump to and from the shock, but you get used to it.

This is a small shock pump, really small. It is easy to use, you have to follow the instructions and will work as described by Topeak. Take a look at youtube videos.
The pump does not loose pressure when you take it of the shock.

None.

[May 03, 2012]
Gerald V

OVERALL
Strength:

Aesthetics - Professional-looking finish, Pressure isolation valve, exact pressure gauge

none so far

I bought this pump because I do not want the hassle of going to my local bike shop just to have my air fork checked for correct air pressure. The pumps way of isolating its hose from the fork's valve ensures no leakage of air. Aesthetic-wise, I like the yellow/black dial gauge. I bought this one from a local bike shop here in the Philippines

[Mar 15, 2012]
marquism2

OVERALL
Strength:

The two step valve that eliminates leaking on disconnect is the best idea I've ever seen in a shock pump.

None apparent.

This is the only pump that I know of that can be counted on for accuracy with the very small volumes and high pressures of many forks and shocks. I got pretty good with my old Hurricane shock pump in terms of getting things disconnected with minimal air loss, but I acquired a Reba fork that was particularly finicky on the negative air side, where the air volume seems to be about 1cc. It's usually true that the air you hear escaping when disconnecting a conventional shock pump is mostly (or all) just air in the hose. But this Reba was definitely losing air from the tiny negative chamber on disconnect. The positive and negative air balance on a Reba is important and I got tired of over-inflating and hoping that it came out close, so I decided to invest in this Topeak shock pump. Now I don't know how I got along without it. You can set your shock/fork air EXACTLY where you want it and be confident that's what you'll have upon disconnecting the pump. The best shock pump I've seen, by far.

Several other shock pumps with typical screw-on connections.

[Mar 14, 2012]
nondairybubonic

OVERALL
Strength:

its a pump!!!

Ive used this 3 times The 3rd time the hose burst @ 120psi its supposed to be good to 300psi its junk

[Jan 26, 2011]
jordenkl

OVERALL
Strength:

The product is extremely easy to use, very compact and also very reliable. I can store it in my backpack with out any problems (one of the reasons is because it's very light). One of the pump's features is lockable air valve, helps to keep air in side the shock with out losing any air pressure.

Couldn't find any

The bottom line is that the pump worth the mony. Compact, easy to use, light cheap and reliable, do you need something else ?

Cane Creek Shock Pump

[Sep 24, 2010]
Clones123

OVERALL
Strength:

Nicely made and easy to use. Retract Schrader pin, attach, extend Schrader pin, pump, retract Schrader pin, detach. Not very difficult.

Instruction manual doesn't jump out and say, "Read me."

Seems to me that the ability to extend and retract the pin that opens the Schrader valve should be THE thing that makes a shock pump what it is. Kind of amazing then that so many shock pumps are missing that key feature. Almost as amazing is that people buy a $40 pump, don't read the included instructions, and then have trouble figuring it out.

Hurricane (from Performance)

• Available At
$49.95
$54.95

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.