Topeak Mini DX Pump

• High efficiency with thumblock levers
  • Peak DX features an ergonomic T-handle and a one-piece barrel
  • Harpoon has SmartHead
  • Ergo pistol-grip handle
  • DX pumps feature SmartHead

[Apr 08, 2013]
Newks262

OVERALL
Strength:

Compact size, ease of use, efficient dual pump.

Mounting bracket, seems to take eons to pump up a 29er tire

Not a terrible compact pump, however it is far from a good pump. Price was a selling point for me and I don't entirely regret buying it, but I could have done better for almost 30 dollars. I do a lot of winter riding and this is where I ran into problems. I have owned the pump for little more then four months, and the mounting bracket broke where the head mounts in. I partially believe this is due to the cold weather that it is so frequently exposed to. The bracket itself was well designed though. I was able to comfortable mount it on my seat tube just above my derailleur and had no interference while riding.
Overall not a bad pump, just remember to be gentle when you are removing it.

[Aug 21, 2010]
Zachariah

OVERALL
Strength:

-Small, light
-Dual action pumps faster
-Nice frame mounte
-Combo valve port
-Long lasting

-Pump latch pin comes loose
-Seals need replacement every 3 years

One full stroke shoots air twice, something not many mini pumps offer, and very handy when on the trail. You'll work up a serious sweat getting a road tire up to 80psi, though. I suggest pumping until it's safely rideable...all the way to a compressed air source, for correct presure. When the pump starts blowing off the valve - simply moisten the valve and the pump will hang on. Good pump for the money.