Specialized Airtool Shock Frame Pump

• Thread-on Schrader head with Presta adapter
  • Swivel hose for easy access to tires or shocks
  • Durable aluminum barrel
  • Glueless patches included in handle

[Mar 20, 2015]
chakotay

OVERALL
Strength:

only have to buy one pump
seems solidly-made
storage compartment

it IS a tad on the large size for a frame pump
only goes to a certain p.s.i.

I wanted an all-in-one pump instead of carrying both a tire pump AND a shock pump on the trails. This one does the job fine. It’s a bit large for a frame pump. I carry it in my Camelback. Takes a couple of minutes to fill a tire (I ride a 26”), but doesn’t seem to take any longer than the other portable frame pumps I’ve owned. I consider pumps like these to be for emergencies anyway. Both presta and schrader compatible. Despite the advertised claim that it only goes to 220 psi, it will actually go higher. True, the numbers printed on the gauge top out at 220, but I regularly take the needle past that to what I’d estimate to be about 240 psi for my Fox Float R. If your shock needs more pressure than that this isn't the pump for you. This is why I give it 4 out of 5 chili’s. The storage space in the pump handle I carry patch kit (although I usually just carry spare tubes), and presta/shrader adapters. I supposed you could hide ...er, store “other” items in there.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.