SKS AirChamp Pro C02 Pump

Compact CO2-inflator complete with bottle cage clip and one 16-g-cartridge. Capable of single handed operation having integral control button and thumblock lever. Extra compartment for a spare CO2-cartridge. Reversible connection for all types of valves.

[Sep 21, 2001]
Rob

OVERALL
Strength:

-Easy to use
-Small
-Light
-Comes with a clip to put on a bottle mount. Or you can carry it in a pocket/ hydration pack.
-Can be used on all valves.

-Durability may be an issue in a few years. So far so good.
-Doesn't have a compartment to store a second cartridge as
claimed.
-Cartridges are both expensive (around $4 AU each) and hard to get hold of enough for a few months racing.

Like I say, so far it is excellent. 1 16 gram cartridge will fill one tube/tyre to as much pressure as I need. The 16 gram cartridges are hard to get here in Aus that I have found. It fills a tube within 5-10 seconds, alot faster than using a handpump.
I wouln't use this on social/recreational rides. The running costs are too high to use.
If you can, try one before you buy it.

Blackburn MP-4.

[Apr 21, 2004]
Peter

OVERALL
Strength:

Have used a mates pump and its quick and gets about 100 psi in a road tyre.
Cost to run is not too bad if you only have the occasional flat.

I didn't check mine before putting it on my bike and lost the screw cap. Didn't notice until I got a flat and couldn't use it.
Also, the one I borrowed previously froze the valve open but you just need to give it a tap.

Its ok but make sure its screwed together tight. I'll probably buy something similar again.

[May 10, 2003]
Jeffrey Zelek

OVERALL
Strength:

Light wieght

Broke 1st day. The pin that pierces the CO2 cartridge snapped right off rendering the unit totally useless.

Would not recommend. Poor quality of materials. No durability. Which really suprised me because this item is made in Germany. I have an SKS fork pump which is of the hightest quality and I would recommend. So I can not knock SKS as a brand as a whole. Just that this CO2 pump is a lemon.

This is the first one

[Jan 24, 2005]
Michael Armage

OVERALL
Strength:

This Pump looks the part and can be used to carbonate lemonade

No Durability, clip is flimbsy, too heavy, poor design, lacks performance, too expensive, have doubts that it is made in germany, other than that it is a great paper weight

Save your money and buy a different pump, this one is sad. Ride Safe and Smart

[May 03, 2004]
Brett

OVERALL
Strength:

The Airchamp pro is small light and easy to use. I particularly like the locking mechanism and the way that you can start and stop the air flow.

The frame clip allows the pump to move around slightly which can lead to rubbing on the frame if not checked.

I would recommend this poroduct to my friends. I have owned the Airchamp for approx 2 years and at a time when you get a flat it turns an annoyance into a fun activity. Can be expensive but if you run high quality tires then punctures are normally few and far between.

Have used an instaflate cartridge before and was dissapointed with the lack of a trigger.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.