Sette Air 2 ST-35 Pump

• Pressure Tuning: Bleeder Valve Button

[Aug 31, 2013]
moo

OVERALL
Strength:

when new, it worked as others have said--screw on to valve, depress schrader valve with red screw, pump up, and reverse.

red schrader depresser develops leak around its o-ring after 2 years of use

I know there are some vocal folks on these forums that insist that shock pumps don't lose air, it's just the pressure in in the hose escaping when you take them off. They're right, when the pump is functioning as intended. This pump worked well for a few years, but now when I use it, I screw it on the valve, depress the schrader valve with the red screw, watch the pressure jump up, then slowly drop. A hissing is heard at the red screw/brass base junction. Soapy water on the variosu joints on the pump/hose reveals no other leaks other than this spot.

There's a single o-ring on the red screw that is supposed to keep the air in. I guess this must have worn out. I'll look for a replacement o-ring, maybe oversize it a little to keep it snug.

it's a bummer, because it's a nice system.

Fox shock pump

[May 29, 2013]
Dpf
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Beefy
construction materials,
build quality,
400 psi,
soft to use,
Deflate button
Price/Value

Size due to psi measurement device

A must buy, incredible portable pump that is able to inflate tires and shocks.
It will solve any problem while riding.

[Aug 07, 2012]
el_roy1985
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, compact, lightweight, durable, goes to 400psi., pressure release valve, ability to seal schrader before unscrewing pump from valve.

Have yet to find one.

Cheapest shock pump I could find, and it's an amazing pump at any price. The red knob allows you to depress the schrader valve after screwing the pump onto the valve. I do this to seal the pump to the shock, fill the line with the amount of pressure I think the shock has, then turn in the red knob and I'm able to more accurately check the pressure which was already in the shock.

The red button is for releasing the air pressure. Nice feature that allows you to release pressure without removing the pump from the shock. I also use it after pumping up the shock and turning out the red knob. I release the line pressure (because it is now sealed of from the shock pressure) and then unscrew the pump from the shock. This seems to make it slightly easier to unscrew from the shock valve.

This pump is also made out of quality materials. Aluminum body, brass fitting, and a stainless braided hose. It seems to be holding up great so far, and I don't see any part of it that looks like it might fail any time soon.

For the price I got this pump at, I'm amazed at how good it is. Other pumps that just screw on, pump and that's it, were all more expensive then this one when I was looking online. So if you are on the fence about getting this pump, go ahead and do it. You will not regret it, because this is an amazing product at a great price.

Shock pump I got with the bike. Just a plain one without anything fancy like the Sette pump.

[May 09, 2012]
sparrMTB

OVERALL
Strength:

price, two-stage valve, looks, sturdiness

bleed valve difficult to control slowly

One of those products where you can feel the quality in the parts used. Got it on sale for $17 on pricepoint and it's definitely worth it. Really like the two-stage valve, definitely helps control leakage when unthreading it.

[Dec 22, 2011]
ProjectDan35

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything, this is a beautifully machined shock pump. There isn't one flaw with it. The 2 stage screw on valve is brilliant, and nicely machined out of brass. The steel braided hose is a nice touch. Will pump a shock up to 100psi in 6 pumps or less. Max PSI is 400.

None!

The bottom line is: There is no need for any other pump over $20 when you can buy this for under $20.

Question. How many PSI does it take to fill the shock pump when you screw it on the fork? 5psi maybe?

None.........especially after this pump I've been using.

[Aug 22, 2011]
Maida7

OVERALL
Strength:

Great design

This is a well designed product at a great price. Like most stuff from Sette you get performance at a lower price.

[Mar 24, 2011]
trboxman

OVERALL
Strength:

Designed well
Small and light
Dual stage valve engagement
Minimizes air loss during disengagement
Swivels on the hose and chuck head

Knurling on the chuck head could be more pronounced.
The bleed valve lets out too much air.

This pump is a well thought out and quality manufactured product. The chuck head is beautifully machined but it would be easier to use if the knurling was more pronounced. I found that my fingers slipped as the head approached being fully screwed down onto the Schrader valve, regardless I think that the design of the dual stage chuck head is brilliant. There is very little air loss when you engage and disengage the chuck. The pumps operation is smooth and crisp. While the bleed valve is a very nice feature it lets out too much air for fine tuning however it's easy enough to just pump back up to your desired pressure. All in all I'm very pleased with my purchase and highly recommend this pump to anyone looking for a function specific shock pump.

[Apr 16, 2010]
kurtisd

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use, very minimal air loss when removing. Works like it's suppose to.

None as far as the actual pump. My one complaint is that the pump is only available from PricePoint as far as I know and in besides the shipping charge and additional $1.25 is added for "insurance" (kind of lame).

At this point I couldn't be happier with the pump,

Basic Manitou shock pump (hated that thing)

[Jan 12, 2010]
quietcornerrider

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use
Good design
400 psi max
Bleed Valve
Only $17!

None so far

Unlike the Specialized, this pump is easy to use, has a gauge that reads psi accurately, and easily puts 270 psi in my shock with only 5 psi loss upon disconnect.

I thought there was something seriously wrong with my shock, but turns out, it was my pump all along.

And I only paid $17! This pump can't be beat.

Specialized Windpipe Combo pump

[Dec 04, 2009]
moishlashen

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made. Works perfectly.

Works perfect. You thread it on with the pumps nipple retracted. Once nozzle is on and sealed you advance the nipple to expose the pump chamber to the shock chamber and pump. Reverse to take off. Works perfectly and you lose little to no air. Great pump.

Buzzy polinator-good pump, Fox pump

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.