Park Tool PFP-4 Pump

The ParkTools PFP-4 is a heavy duty floor pumpThat features a smooth operating aluminum barrel, and an alloy reinforced headThat accepts both Presta and Schrader valves. Alloy-reinforced head fits both Presta and Schrader valves Molded base with steel foot pads Oversized handle with “softTouch” rubber grips Top mounted brass pressure gauge Extra long high pressure hose Includes inflating needle Weight(claimed): 3.9lbs

[Nov 25, 2012]
Tzvia

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to take apart for cleaning/service. Gauge is up high so it's easy for my not so young eyes to read. This however is a double edged sword- same feature is a weakness. Pumps with little effort and feels well made.

Well, that gauge that I can see well? It's broken. Reason? It's up high, away from the protective base. The base is not stable, it really needs the gauge down there adding some bulk to the bottom, (maybe on a third foot?) so that it does not tip over and splat right on that gauge. When I went downstairs to pump up my commuter for tomorrows ride to work, the pump read 40psi before I even attached it to the valve. Sigh. Other issue? That chuck. I ride tubeless on my mtb, and the Stans has a habit of backing a little into the chuck, where it sticks a little plastic ball in there that cuts off the schrader valve when you attach it to the presta. So when I pumped, all the air came out the schrader. I fixed that by attaching a Specialized chuck on the end and it worked well that way until it tipped over when someone who does not want to take a bow here, knocked it over on the garage concrete on that oh so exposed gauge. So now I need to try and order a gauge. Thankfully, one of the pluses is that it comes apart easy. Unfortunately you may need to take it apart to fix it's ills.

If you don't ride tubeless, and don't leave it in the garage around people who will knock it over on it's sensitive gauge, it's a fine pump. But in my house nobody uses tubes in their MTBs, and the garage floor is hard. And the pump needs a third leg on it's wobbly base. So for the moment, I am using it with a hand held gauge. Pita. Two chilis for the ease of disassembly and for use with tubes on soft carpeted floors.

[May 17, 2010]
bikefx

OVERALL
Strength:

Definitely one of the best. Previous reviewers must have been the unlucky two bc ours - ALL of our Park Pumps (plural!) we use for our 2 busy bike shops in downtown Toronto - have lasted the longest out of all the other dozens of other pumps.
AND it's easiest to use (simplest, most logical head design: 2 clearly different holes on same side of head for PV and SV + long metal lever that locks DOWN, literally + clear gauge ontop + hose that starts high to best reach those high valve points! + ergonomically curved and comfortable wide grips).
AND of themost efficient. There may be others that r quicker but are they as easy to use/well-designed/last long??
AND it's totally serviceable!
It's our official bike pump by choice and experience. Period.

None.

It's our official professional bike pump by choice, trial and experience. Period.

All Axiom, all hi-end Topeak, SKS Airbase($100), All popular Blackburn models etc.

[Aug 27, 2008]
sbrider

OVERALL
Strength:

It looks like it works...

It doesn't work well at all.

It doesn't work. I have been suffering through ownership of this product for 3+ years. After paying what I remember to be about $80 I expect it to last. Turns out, it was never an efficient pump from the beginning. It takes forever to inflate a tire to high pressure (road) and leaks air like no other. It used to rip the valve stems off my tubes upon removal of the head (good times), Park recalled it and sent out a rebuild kit and it still sucked. For being suck heavy construction it really does not work anywhere close to as good as pumps half the price ($45 Specialized Air Tools kills the park!). Stay away from this product, its a huge miss.

Specialized Air Tools

[Dec 28, 2007]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

Gauge is on top where you can see it.

Made in China.Tips over easily.Lever should be reversed lift up to put on press down to lock on.

Made in China.Not worth the money.I used it before I noticed it was made in China otherwise I would have sent it back.I thought Park Tools were US made.I have a Specialized which is 5yrs old and needed new rubber inserts which I got from Specialized for free and now works great like it always did.So don't waste your money.I'm sure there are other pumps made in China and if thats the case spend as little as possible.

Specialized

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.