Fox Shox HP Pump

Available At

-High pressure air pump for forks and frame shocks -360 degree swivel hose, tap-bleeder, Schrader valve

[Mar 09, 2013]
NytrostarSS

OVERALL
Strength:

Small

Gauge is out of wack after one use.

Used this new pump on my rear shock and nowthe gauge won't go below the 25 mark. it's still pumping air though but I have to go by "feel" now to set my shock pressure. I wont be buying this again.

[Mar 15, 2012]
AD
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

It works great until it breaks

It breaks, and from reading the reviews here, it breaks often

Well, it is a simple enough little device - a low volume/high pressure little pump. Worked great until it wouldn't hold more than 50psi. I checked the o-rings, they were dry so I lubricated them with a little oil - it didn't matter. It still wouldn't hold pressure. Would bleed back to 0psi as soon as I quit pumping.

[Jan 27, 2011]
Croaker

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice construction

One way valve quit after 5 uses. Now the pump works as a pressure reducer only.

Purchase at your own risk. The product looks well made but looks are deceiving.

Can't remember all the hand pumps I've used since my 70's Silca.

[Sep 27, 2009]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and compact , easy to use,

After appx. 50 uses of inflating and deflating the pump started leaking from the joint near where the punp connects to shock valve, I am told parts can't be replaced and if I want it repaired to send back to FOX headquarters in the States - as I live in Japan this is not an option.

Though I have had the pump appx. 2 years I have not been a heavy user, for the amount of uses the pump has had I thought it wore out very quickly - this is probably a very good pump for someone who is only going to use it a few times a month but not suitable for a daily user

[Jul 19, 2007]
Chucko

OVERALL
Strength:

It pushes air.

Easy to inadvertently hit the bleed valve. Decoupling hose from shock tends to bleed away lots of pressure.

The Fox pump looks like yet another private-label variation on the standard 300 PSI shock pump with gauge. It works like one too. Seen one, seen 'em all.

What exasperated me about this pump was the amount of pressure bled off when disconnecting it from the DHX Air. I never had any confidence in how much pressure was left in the shock. This was less of a concern with the TALAS fork, because of the lower pressure and relatively large air chamber. I also found myself fat-fingering the bleed valve by accident, trying to get a grip while pumping.

Do yourself a favor. Toss this pump and its clones in the trash or sell it with your old bike, and get a Topeak Pocket Shock DXG.

Manitou shock pump, Topeak Pocket Shock DXG

[Apr 28, 2003]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

Doesn't leak ANY pressure when disconnecting. Fine tuning valve lets out gas in perfectly metered 1 PSI increments.

Would be a "6" if it had the swiveling tubing like the Wrench Force pump - but hey, it works and the Wrench Force doesn't. Also, it can be difficult to find - Cambria had it in stock for anyone interested.

Although I've only used two different pumps, this one definitely works as advertised - I would recommend it to anyone. The Lefty has a very finicky valve that makes pumping it up with sub-par pumps almost impossible. The Fox pump works perfectly with both my Fox shock and the Lefty. This is a quality product made completely of Al alloy and steel - to be expected from the people at Fox.

Wrench Force shock pump - POS IMO... I was loosing 50PSI every time I dissconnected.

[Oct 20, 2002]
Robert

OVERALL
Strength:

So-far no problems at all. Pump is light and fits in my Camel Back H.A.W.G. without displacing other needed items. Seems sturdy- this is my first shock pump. Pressure release button allows pressure reduction without having to pump again.

None detected yet.

Pump has worked perfectly for me. I have no other shock pump experience to compare it to. My rating is based on a first time shock owner.

[Oct 21, 2005]
kent

OVERALL
Strength:

worked fine for 18 months, only lost 10lbs on disconnect

many strokes to fill!, connecting valve broke after 18months (maybe 75 uses?)

worked for a while, but now the screw-on valve is broken. it simply won't stay on the shock, and deflates the shock when you try to use it.

cheap metal stripped inside valve?

[Jan 02, 2005]
Dave

OVERALL
Strength:

Seems well made should do the job

Notice that this same pump is available with various names on it. Could have gotten at rei for $35 with some other name, also noticed the same pump with manitu(sp) on it for $25

It's a fine pump, but I am not sure if it made by fox and sold by others or just has the fox name on it. Look for the same pump with another name for less money.

[May 31, 2002]
Gary White

OVERALL
Strength:

An extremely well-made, silky-smooth pump. Good quality metal and fine tolerances means it will last for a long time. Small & light enough to take on the trail with you. Has well made blled device and a strong tube and shraeder adaptor

None that I can think of

This pump comes 'free' with many Fox Shox rear shocks and forks. A quality product that is everything you'd expect from Fox.

Raleigh HP pump, SKS workshop shock pump, Pace low pressure fork pump, Airforce shock LP/ HP pump

• Available At

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.