Blackburn Air Tower 2 Pump

Best Price At
Available At

No more fumbling around in the darkened hours of the morning without coffee, looking for a tiny valve adapter just so you can put some friggin' air in your friggin' tires. The uniquely universal Anyvalve of the Blackburn Air Tower 2 Floor Pump ensures you're never in need of an adapter, no matter which bike you choose to take for a spin.

[Aug 13, 2017]
Rob

OVERALL
Strength:

Good volume per stroke. Good fit for presta. Air tight at 120 psi. I like the psi setting indicator on the gauge.

None.

I own two ... kept one at work, one at home. Used to ride daily 20 mi round trip to work. Top off air daily. Now mostly weekend rides 30 mi round trip. They've work great!

[Oct 06, 2016]
Lawrence Smith

OVERALL
Strength:

Pumps Schrader valves good. Good amount of air per stroke.

Does not seal onto Presta valves 90 % of the time, will ruin/bend valve head or ruin weak PLASTIC seal inside head easily. No pressure release. Needle doesn't stop at top reading, falls back down to 0 psi.

I paid $38 for mine. Spend another $20(?) and you'll get a much better pump. For occasional home use it's fine - for Schrader valves only. Don't know how other reviewer was inflating balls. I couldn't find pin accessories I was looking for to do this. For $40 it's not worth it. I commute and ride 7 days a week. Bike commuter should be option in type of cyclist box.

[May 23, 2013]
harry

OVERALL
Strength:

I am not ignorant but I have a college degree, I put the nozzle over the valve and the air would flow out the top hole, then it ate the top of the screw on my valve....I don't know lingo but this pump just ruined the valve on my tire. It is horrible.

it doesn't work

I am so mad, this pump doesn't work

[Aug 13, 2012]
Pat M

OVERALL
Strength:

Pumps tires to 85# in just a few pumps.

Have to push hard and hold it tightly to get it seated on the valve.

I bought this last year and used it once or twice. I don't ride in the Alaska winter even though some do. This year I forgot what the bike shop lady mentioned, push the nozzle hard and hold while lifting the locking arm. Thanks to the reviewer that took the thing apart and saw the rocker arm. That I can understand and probably remember next year.

[Jul 14, 2012]
N Chubb

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use. Comes with presta valve adapter and ball adapter conveniently stored in the handle. Used the pump on both Schrader and Presta valves with no problem and no air leakage as has been mentioned by other reviewers. The gauge is quite easy to read and there is a movable marker that one can set to the required pressure. I have used it on my car as well as bikes, air mattress and footballs.

Gauge is at the bottom of the tube and one needs good eyesight to see the pressure marks. The movable marker helps here. No rubber feet under the floor plate and the air hose could be longer. The gauge markings start at 0 with the next mark at 10; it would be better to have the first 10 psi graduated so that one doesn't overfill a football. No pressure release button.

Definitely worth the price even if not discounted. I check my tires every two days and this pump was easier to use than the car electric pump. A good, general purpose pump to keep at the home garage or cottage.

Topeak Masterblaster.

[Jun 02, 2012]
Bryan Clark

OVERALL
Strength:

Just bought one today for my Felt sport 9, it worked flawlessly with no leakage and the fit on the presta was great, not sure what all the negative reviews are about or maybe they upgraded the head design.

I would recommend this pump, it works great.

[Oct 11, 2010]
Mitch C

OVERALL
Strength:

I freaking hated this pump from day one. It never seemed to work on my Presta or Presta adapter (for Schrader) as it wanted to leak air from the hole/interface I wasn't using. Upon disassembly of the pump hose head, I found that there is this little rocker assembly that has rubber discs to seal one or the other hole in the pump head. This is so when you're using one type or the other, the one not in use is sealed up when this rocker is pushed to the opposite side. DING. Am I this dumb? YES I AM. The Schrader adapter for the presta valve I'm using isn't LONG enough to reach up into the head and depress the little rocker arm. Ah, but will the Presta side work? YES IT DOES if you make damn sure the head of the pump is pressed all the way down onto the stem....almost swallowing the entire Presta stem. When it's fully seated.

So, all this time I was cursing this floor pump it was my fault. Maybe it's your fault too??? (aimed at all the other negative reviewers....)

None once I figured out how to use it.

Don't be a dumbass like me.

[Jul 04, 2010]
ColleenE

OVERALL
Strength:

None. It doesn't work.

Quite simply, this product does not work if you use the presta valve. It is a defect. The air simply flows through and does not attach properly. Sometimes by pure luck and magic it will work, but this is very infrequent. It was only when I read many many other reviews of this same problem that I realized it wasn't ME. Do not purchase!

Defective. Not for use with presta valves.

[Apr 17, 2010]
maria

OVERALL

doesnt seal around valve.

Dont buy this one.

yes, many. Blow Joe is my favourite.

[Apr 02, 2010]
bigskyguy

OVERALL
Strength:

Made of metal and I could use it to drive in a tent stake

The seal around the valve is garbage.

Do not buy this pump it is garbage. I tried to add some air to my motorcycle tire one day and the leaking from the valve was so great that I had to cancell my ride as it lost so much air I was unable to even ride to the gas station. It works ok with presta valves but you have to really push it hard to get a good seal.

yes many