Advent Pump Pump

Advent Pump

[Mar 11, 1998]
Chris

OVERALL

Total and utter junk. On no account buy this. If you already bought one throw it away. It breaks easily, it can never put enough pressure in the tire and is hard to attach it to the valve in the firstplace. This is one of the worst cycling products of any kind available.

[Jul 09, 1997]
Mike Chaney

OVERALL

First and worst presta pump I've used. This thing sucks so bad. I bought it for $15 thinking it was a good deal--but, like all Advent stuff--you get what you pay for

[Feb 21, 2000]
NJBIKER

OVERALL

Don't buy this pump. It worked ok for awhile if you like to get most of your exercise before you ride. I tried to pump up a road tire and the bottom just blew out. Total garbage.

[May 10, 1999]
Dingo

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap price

cheap quality

This thing stinks. It heats up to about 200 degrees when you use it...which in turn melts all the cheap rubber on this inside seal. I think they get their 'rubber' from the same place that huffy gets its bike tires.

various

[Feb 11, 1999]
Still Pumpin

OVERALL

Hey! I found one of these pieces of crap on the trail and was dumb enough to actually try it. Let's just say that I would sooner eat a flaming terd than try this thing again. My Black Lab is eating the pump as we speak. Good Boy!!

[Jan 23, 1999]
immorta

OVERALL

I bought an advent frame pump with the built in pressure gauge.
I don't think the gauge was very accurate but who could tell
when you can't even get enough air in the damn tires to make
it register on a gauge anyway. If you enjoy excercising your arms in a pumping like fasion
for extended periods of time, buy an advent pump.
If on the other hand however, you want to put some air in your
tires, stay well clear of it.Best frame pump i've used is the blackburn mammoth,
cost a few dollars more but well worth it.ZERO CHILLIES

[Dec 04, 1998]
Bill

OVERALL

Junk, I bought a frame mounted Double action pump. you pump, it gets hot, and doesn't work anymore. Get a Blackburn Mammoth mtn. They are the first mt bike frame pump that I bought that really works.

[Jan 22, 1998]
Kris Hempel

OVERALL

This thing is total junk. My wife got one free when she bought a bunch of other stuff at the LBS. I decided to try it out at home when fixing a flat. I could barely get enough pressure in the tube, when it wasn't in the tire, to find the flat. God forbide, if I actually needed to use it to pump up a tire on the trail. It's now in the garbage.

[Jan 08, 1998]
Matt

OVERALL

I thought a pump is a pump. Boy was I wrong. I bought the more expensive Advent floor pump ($20), and it stunk. The presta sided valve continually slipped off my tubes, and when it was on, the tire guage was inaccurate. I had it only two days until I beat it against the ground. Do N O T waste your money on the Advent pump, or any other cheap Advent bike accessories (stems etc.). The Advent pump was a piece of junk that belonged nowhere else than in the garbage can. I now have a Cannondale floor pump and its awesome for $30.

[Aug 14, 1997]
Alex

OVERALL

What a piece of crap! This thing never worked! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I needed it a week after I bought it and the damn thing didn't work! And yes, I did check to see if it was set for my valve, it was. The owner of the bike shop I bought it from said it was his best and most popular pump. The guy's name was Ray, and the bike shop was called Cycle Ray's, but my friends and I called it Pcyco Gay's. He went out of business in three months.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.