Hammer Nutrition Perpetuem Nutrition

Hammer Nutrition Perpetuem Endurance Fuel is the result of years of research and thousands of miles of testing in a variety of endurance disciplines. Perpetuem is Hammer's ultimate link to satisfying the body's fueling requirements no matter how long or difficult your exercise session or race is. What's in Perpetuem?Carbohydrates - As with all Hammer Nutrition fuels, no simple sugars are added to the carbohydrate profile. Perpetuem contains a specific maltodextrin, which provides nearly 87% of its caloric composition in long chain carbohydrates.Protein - A new calcium-enhanced soy protein isolate known as "XT" makes up nearly 10% of the caloric profile of Perpetuem, the same percentage as is cannibalized during long slow endurance workouts. This particular soy protein contains a very high amount of intact, cardiovascular-enhancing isoflavones.Fat - A de-oiled "super lecithin" (extracted from the soybean) is ideal for consistently and reliably fueling the body and maximizing energy production from stored fatty acids. Sweetener - Made from Energy Smart, the same healthy sweetener in Hammer Gel.One container has 16 servings of Perpetuem. It's ideal for workouts and races over 3 hours. Perpetuem comes in three flavors -- Caf? Latte, Orange Vanilla, Strawberry Vanilla, and Unflavored.

[Mar 27, 2015]
Kevin Raymond

Strength:

I was taught as a child not to put gross thing in my mouth, it's good advice in the case of this product. I don't know how any one gets past the taste of this stuff, every fiber of my body was telling me to stop drinking it. There are far better product than this stuff.

find something better!

[Mar 10, 2014]
jon

OVERALL
Strength:

None-

Everything

Tried to like this and gave it a chance several times for over a year to try and dial in the right amount. I read and reread and spoke with Hammer nutrition client customer service. These customer service rep will try and have you believe that they ALL are expert nutritionist. That said, this product- Perpetuem made me bonk, would NOT digest, made me, with severe intestinal pain and bloating. I have ridden thousands of miles with positive success from other products. My belief is, it's primarily all hype and anecdotal science. Just another snake oil mentality false promise.

Power Bar CLIFF Products

[Jul 26, 2013]
Adam

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy, reliable, and the taste isn't that bad to me.

When it warms up, wow can it taste bad.

I'll be quick here. I've used this for some time now, though not in any races yet. I find it's nice for training and mixes well with just a good shaking of the bottle. If it warms up the flavor tends to crash and burn. I haven't had it warm up on a ride yet, but that one experience with it was terrible. Luckily my bottle washed out easily and the smell was gone. Everybody will have different experiences, but pick up a small bottle of he powder and see how it goes.

[Jan 10, 2013]
Brenda Brown

OVERALL
Strength:

I love Perpetuem. I've been an athlete all my life, but just got into distance cycling this past spring. My problem was stomach upset; I simply cannot eat anything on my distance rides (longest I've ridden at one time is 80 miles on a supported ride). Finally, I tried Perpetuem, and then use Nuun electrolyte tablets. Problem solved. I'm reading on this site a lot of complaints about the taste...What???? This tastes so good, I have to force myself to go slow in ingesting it. I make up a paste, and due to my body size, one serving lasts me 3 hours....I love the taste of all of them, but primarily use the caffe latte and use strong black coffee to make it into a paste. (I also use 1/3 part raw honey and 2/3's part pure maple syrup for my energy.) I grew up without white sugar or white flour and simply cannot tolerate junk food.

None!!

Thank God for this product. No more upset stomach!

[Mar 31, 2011]
ChazMan

OVERALL
Strength:

Has proper nutrition for long distance events, like a liquid food

taste

Ok, in full disclosure, I'm a road biker but I've got LOTS of experience with this product. I use it on centuries and long training rides. I mix 2 scoops with 24 oz. of water in my Polar bottles. To help the taste I add a couple packets of Stevia sweetener per bottle. My bike is set up with 5 cages so 4 of my bottles have Perpetuem while the other has ice water. I drink half a bottle every 11 miles and that gets me to 88 miles, from there on it's all me. I also use e-gel (great stuff!!), and down one of those every hour. I've done centuries without taking on food at rest stops in cooler weather, only topping off a couple bottles with water at the mid-way rest stop and I've never felt hungry. I've used the Orange-vanilla Perpetuem but am going to try the new strawberry flavor some shops sell it in small packets so you can give it a try without shelling out a lot for the big jug.

[Mar 07, 2011]
rearden

OVERALL
Strength:

This is one of the few drinks which contain protein and fat. It has similarities in that respect to Ensure. It is designed for multi-hour endurance efforts; situations where you will truly run out of carbs, not just get tired.

Taste.

This is my long day staple. If I am going to be out for several hours on MTB, road, trail running, AR, etc. then Perpeteum is my fuel of choice usually mixed with a bit of EFS and green tea for caffeine and antioxidants. It is far from a complete meal, but it is much better than straight carbs. It doesn't give me stomach problems any more than any other product would. I mix it into a thick paste and chase with appropriate amounts of water for a long course (Iron distance) race; the new solids may be a better choice than the paste mix.

Heed, EFS, Ensure, Hammer Gel, Accelerade, Accelgel, Carboom, Clifshot gel, Roctane, Gu, ...

[Feb 05, 2011]
wawadoc

OVERALL
Strength:

Before I started to use Perpetuem I had problems with bonking and I also had muscle fasciculations after the ride. Bonking is no longer and issue and I even use it for shorter events as it prevents the fasciculations. I use of for cross country skiing and cycling. I like the ability to calculate the concentration that you will need for an event.

Hard to dissolve but I just shake it up before I drink it. I find the taste quite tolerable. It can be hard to find in stores.

Prevents bonking. I was happily surprised that it also prevented muscle fasciculations.

Gatorade, Powerade, Water and gels, water and bars or food

[Jul 02, 2010]
24 Solo MTB

OVERALL
Strength:

Caloric balance between fats, protein and carbs.

No electrolytes

Even though my reason for trying this stuff was to use on the mountain bike, the first test was on the road where I could could control intake easier and could make adjustments without too much trouble if things fell apart. Things didn’t fall apart and honestly, I felt great through out the ride. I tested the product on a 5 hour mtb ride and again had no troubles. Time for the real deal. I debuted the use of Perpetuem at the 12 Hours of Arcata in late 2009. I drank a 1-hour bottle each lap and overall I was very pleased with the result. I drank no additional water or other products. aside from the 1-hour bottle each lap. I didn’t have any gastro problems and I felt full and fueled for the first six hours. The only problem I had was over hydrating. This was not a problem with the product, just the fact that I was mixing it in with too much water. The result was a fair amount of cramping and a sloshy gut. So, I didn’t drink anything for two laps until I felt better. After 8 hours I started getting tired of the taste so I mixed things up a bit and starting drinking HEED and eating a bar on each lap. Therefore, as a sole source of calories it fell short. Again, I think that was due more to my tastes and inexperience with it than the product itself. I had a nice even energy burn for the entire race and although was getting tired I never felt like I was bonking or running out of gas. Keep in mind there is some caffeine in there and I can definitely feel it after a race. As exhausted as I am I always have a hard time falling asleep when I drink Perpetuem.

Read the rest of my review here: http://24mtb.wordpress.com/2010/03/19/hammer-perpetuem-review/

[Mar 07, 2010]
DCW-RacerX

OVERALL
Strength:

Most people reviewing find it to work great

I'm throwing my review out there in case anyone else is like me and finds this product doesn't work for them. This stuff tastes really bad and it gets worse as it warms up. Everytime I've tried to use it in long distance races(4+ hrs) I have to stop drinking it after the first hour if it gets to warm. To make matters worse, when it warms up it starts to make me nauseous and sick feeling in my stomach.

In theory and for most people this product works great despite the terrible taste. However, I've used it in three races and found it does not work for me once the flavor gets even worse as it warms up. Everyone has their own formula for what works, but for me this stuff doesn't even come close.

Gels, R4, etc.

[Jan 01, 2010]
Patrick

OVERALL
Strength:

Keeps me from having hallucinations of ham sandwiches crossing the trail in front of you on long rides.

In the future i will make sure my riding buddies are using this stuff too so that I won't be cutting rides short. People tend to start whining that they are hungry 3 hours into a good ride when I feel fine and want to go more using Perpetuem. Just sayin. It works.

A bunch

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.