Clif Luna Bar Nutrition

Natural, satisfying, and specifically formulated for women, the Luna Protein Bar 12-Pack will keep you going during vigorous activities. Indulge in this bar's chocolatey, nougaty goodness and benefit from its 12 grams of soy/whey protein, three grams of hunger-satisfying fiber, as well as its calcium, iron, folic acid, and vitamin D. Clif Bar Luna energy bars with just180 calories, contain 23 vitamins, minerals and other nutrientsThatcontributeTo a womans overall health. A whole-nutrition bar for women (great for menToo) Made with 70% organic ingredients 170-180 calories per bar 10g of protein NoTrans Fats 3g of Fiber 35% RDA Calcium 100% RDA Folic Acid

[Aug 14, 2010]
JH

OVERALL
Strength:

Good tasting, convenient. Cheap.

Got sick from a Clif Bar while on the road, most likely spoiled in the sun, even though wrapped. Was violently sick, sat on the toilet for 1/2 hr. Never again.

Won't ever eat a Clif Bar again, some are bad, and can't take a chance on the trail in the middle of nowhere. I've eaten Clif Bars for years, and never had a problem. Luckily I was near a rest stop, and on the road, and not in the middle of Death Valley. Clif Bar said they're designed to withstand the heat and long hikes, and drives. Maybe so, maybe most are okay, but this one was bad.

[Nov 05, 2002]
Roscoe

OVERALL
Strength:

Taste great; not overly filling; light on the stomach and in weight; lots of great flavors

This is the bar that has saved my butt on those long rides in the Moab desert and the Colorado Rockies. They taste great and don't feel like a brick going down. They do melt in a CamelBack, but that's a small issue. They provide energy and energy is the key to getting home.

ClifBar; PowerBars (Harvest is pretty good); Rx Protein; etc.

[May 05, 2006]
Blowout

OVERALL
Strength:

Tastes great

These are by far the best tasting energy bars. The key lime pie, the dulce de leche, and the chai tea are my favorites. I just don't understand why they market this specifically to women. Everyone should be eating these. Why can't all bars taste like this?

power bars, regular cliff bars, snickers, m&ms etc.

[Jul 24, 2001]
Dawn cooper

OVERALL
Strength:

It wasn't too filling
no stomach ache
didn't need to drink my wait worth in water
tastes good!

I'm just coming off serious injury and so I'm pretty out of shape. My first serious mountain bike ride (since my injury)involved more hills than I was ready for. I almost completely ran out of energy about 2 hours into the ride. My legs hurt so bad I could hardly walk my bike up the hill. Traditionally, I can't eat enough of a clif bar or power bar to provide me with enough energy to get home. Luna bars were light, they gave me no stomach ache and I didn't need to drink all of my water to help digestion. I got an energy boost about 30 minutes later and made it home. Great thing for people with smaller stomachs! And-most importantly, htey taste great.

cliff bars, and power bars

[Jan 11, 2000]
poptart
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

yummy!

Luna Bars all have sort of a Rice Crispy Squares texture, which is really different from most of the bars out there. I like the Lemon and Nutz over Chocolate best. What makes them female specific is the extra calcium and folic acid. Don't worry guys, the only side effect may be a tendency to stop and ask for directions!

Clif Bars
Power Bars
PR Bars

[Aug 07, 1999]
Sue

OVERALL
Strength:

Tasty
Great for chocoholics
Chewable
Not too sweet

MESSY MESSY!!
Not quite as much juice as other bars I've tried

I guess the chocolate coating is what makes this a womens bar. Yummy, but it melts in your mouth, on your hands, and all over everything. (No More Chocolate for You!) Save them for a day under 70 degrees.

Powerbar
Little Chocolate Donuts
Fruit Roll Ups (my fave)
Clif Bars (manly yes but I like them too!)

[Apr 04, 2001]
Sue

OVERALL
Strength:

* texture
* taste
* size

*package can be tough to open, but pre-slicing it prior to leaving the house has helped.

Great taste, great size, great flavors.

The LemonZest feels like a real pick-me-up, and the Chai tea has a ginger-cookie spiciness (ginger, clove, anise, cinnamon, cardamom) that reminds me of homemade cookies at Christmas. They've come out with some new flavors, so I'll be ordering these again!

My husband loves them as well - we buy it by the boxes full over the internet (prolithic.com).

CLIF, Balance, URwhatUEat

[Aug 04, 2000]
Erik Pearce

OVERALL
Strength:

Oh So Yummmmy!!!

Smaller, and the 'just for women' thing

Move over rice crispy treats! Luna Bars are here!!! I love the taste!!! I usually use gels more often than bars. I may start eating more bars now! I'll bet they're a little messy on a hot day though, but OK for XC skiing?

I love the protein content, and fat percentage! Perfect ratio for those racing, and training hard!!! If I ever do an Eco-Challenge, I'll bring a small cooler along with a case of Luna Bars in it!

I've found them for right around a buck each, so that's pretty reasonable! Man OR woman, you'll enjoy these bars, and your body will thank you!

Name a bar, I've tried it!

[Apr 14, 2000]
Cat Canyon
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Less calories than the regular bars, for women who need fewer calories than men. More calcium (again good for women). Tasty as all get out (especially lemon zest). The chocolate ones are too chocolatey for me but that's probably a plus for most people. I love the rice krispy texture... Also no wheat or dairy content for those who are allergic. Has 100% of a lot of vitamins.

Kinda high in fat for me at around 20% per bar. I wish there were less fat and sugar content, but it's not too bad.

Best bar out there, for women or men. If you want more you can eat two for a slightly higher calorie intake than the average bar. Tasty, decent carb content, not too high in fat or sugar (still not perfect though). Great calcium content (35% RDA) and a reasonable amount of other vitamins.

Power bar (yuck), Clif bar (pretty good)

[Apr 03, 2000]
Cat Daver

OVERALL
Strength:

Great taste and lots of nutrition packed in

None so far,wish it were larger thou

I got them on sale,thats why I tried them.I was very satisfied with the taste,I liked the Lemon(YUM) and Nutz over Chocolate(I am).A lot better than the Powerbar taste.Lots of good nutrition packed in for us women,recommend for anybody really.Wish it were bigger.Can't go wrong with this moon bar,tres bien.I've always thought clif bars expensive,at least where i live,compared to other bars.ON sale at Walgreens or CVS sometimes.

Powerbars,Balance,tiger

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.