Clif Bar Nutrition

Clif Bar energy bars are a great-tasting, convenient source of energy for any activity. Made with 70% organic ingredients Mix of carbohydrates, protien, and fiber promote steady increase in blood sugar levels followed by a gradual decline for sustained energy 4:1 ratio of carbohydratesTo protien; excellent for post workout recovery

[Jul 19, 2013]
Lisa

OVERALL
Strength:

variety---good flavor.Organic ingredients

I tried the peanut butter chocolate chip, the mint bar and the white macadamin nut. They all tasted good. I have replaced eating lunch with the cliff bars for the last 3 days. Since eating it for lunch I have been full and satisfied for upto 3 hours after not thinking about being hungry for dinner until around 6pm and I ate the bar between 2 and 3pm. I wasnt hungry nor did I experience any headaches for not eating for 3 to 4 hours. This is a good substitue for a meal to decrease your calorie intake if you desire. I will be trying the other flavors to to decide which ones I will continue to purchase for the future

[Feb 20, 2010]
Jseis

OVERALL
Strength:

Substantial, filling, makes you gnaw slowly which prevents hasty eating. This could be a weakness for gulpers.

Stiff when cold (aren't we all?). Not really "tasty" but that's beside the point. Should eat with beverage (i.e. energy drink or water).

This bar is a happy medium between eating junk bars and/or jerky like protein. Easy to digest, filling, calms my raving hunger and doesn't mess with my digestive system. Compact. I always pack 2-3 with me whether riding, traveling, hiking, whatever. 6-8 month shelf life which means you can throw a bunch in a pack (hide them in various pockets) in the spring and use them all summer like in, thank god I hid that. My friends say, "what they made of? Lead?". They don't wallow in your gut like a cheeseburger. With dried fruit and water, great back up nutriution for that extra long day trip.

Lars bars, Trio bars, Sweet/salty nut bars.

[Feb 06, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Numerous fantastic flavors to choose from. I prefer the Oatmeal Raisin and Peanut Butter flavors.
Gives you a full and satisfied feeling with no bloating.
Healthy amount of fiber (if you know what I mean).
Easy to find and reasonably priced.

Can be tough to chew when cold. Just warm it in your hands while in package before opening.

I wouldn't recommend any other bar if you're looking to satisfy any hunger pangs.

Detour Bars

[Dec 07, 2008]
schmitty8225

OVERALL
Strength:

Taste, Price

Tried one for the first time today and it tastes awesome. Im a picky eater and hate everything organic especially the chocolate so I was a bit skeptical but the chocolate isn't organic so it tasted great. I agree it needs to be washed down with water but who doesn't bring water while biking?

[Jun 03, 2008]
David

OVERALL
Strength:

Compact, dense, relatively healthy, tasty, filling. Goes well with water or coffee.

A little dry, but added moisture would make it fall apart so it's not really a weakness.

I don't run or ride distances long enough to justify eating a Cliff bar while I'm out. So instead, I eat these mostly at the office when I'm too busy to leave my desk for lunch.

I like to buy the variety box which contains Chocolate Chip, Crunchy PB, and Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch. The Chocolate Chip is my number 1 pick!

Powerbar and McDonald's Quarter pound Texas Double Cheeseburger

[Jul 10, 2003]
Daniel

OVERALL
Strength:

Tastes really good, easy to chew and digest

looks like a piece of turd

The best solid energy bar on the market. It actually tastes good, I look forward to eating it and its easy to chew and digest. Not like a power bar which doesnt taste good, tough to chew, and I dreaded eating several of them on all day rides. Thank god for clif bar.

powerbar and others

[Aug 21, 2003]
Ryan R.

OVERALL
Strength:

Tastes great, Easy to digest, Dosen't melt like other ones do, Not that expensive like some other ones, great fuel when your feeling drained out and have a long road back.

Looks like what I ride on (Dirt), Sometimes hard to find now that the secret is out about them tasting great.

This is the best energy bar out there it tases good and it dosen't feel like dead weight in your stomach. I only eat these now and have given up on the others out there. Powerbar tastes like dirt, melts and gets sticky when it get hot. Metrex foodbars are good but they sit in your stomach like lead and make you feel sick during a long ride in the heat. So far it like the crunchy peanut butter, peanut butter chocalate chip and cookies and cream. Buy them down at vitamin shop by the case and you get them for a dollor a bar instead of a dollor firty and a box lasts a while. PEACE!

Powerbar, Balance, Powershot, Powerbar Harvest and Metrex

[Jul 30, 2002]
Ollie

OVERALL
Strength:

Doesn't melt, more natural than most energy bars and more covenient than a bag of trail mix. Stamped with a use by date.

Different flavors have vastly different caloric/ nutritional content.

Out of all the energy bars out there, clif is superior. They don't look pretty as other reviewers commented but they are filling, taste good, nd don't melt in my pack like other energy bars. They also don't have that artificial vitamin taste....I feel like I'm actually eating something healthy. They are also relatively cheap compared to other products. I usually get them for about $0.90.

One minor complaint that keeps me reading the labels is that the calories vary from flavor to flavor by a significant amount. The apricot is one of the lowest cal flavors while choco chip peanut crunch is one of the higher cal flavors. Makes sense when you think of the ingredients though.

I also like the ICE bars for those mornings that I can't get enough coffee in me before the ride. Unfortunately these bars, like the Clif Luna bars, have some sort of meltable coating and aren't great to take along unless you like licking the wrapper.

4 chilis....5 when they stop looking like crap! :)

Powerbar, luna bar, balance bar, pria, fig newtons etc...

[Nov 05, 2002]
Roscoe

OVERALL
Strength:

Good taste; pretty filling and provide good energy.

Needs a bit of water to really stomach them properly.

These are the bars that saved me from choking on PowerBars so many years ago. They are a bit more filling than the Clif Lunas, but they make for a good "lunch" bar when one is on an epic ride. They require a bit of water to digest, but you should be hydrating anyway.

PowerBar Harvest, Clif Luna; gels and other bars that get you by in a pinch.

[Oct 25, 2001]
FritzMan

OVERALL
Strength:

Good taste, seems to provide all the energy I need for enduros.

During high exertion efforts, this product becomes too difficult to eat. Because it is relatively soft, I find it too pasty in my mouth. You need a *lot* of water to wash it down during a race.

Honestly, this is a good bar. For training or epic rides, it totally meets expectations. But I've had too many instances during enduros where I've been very uncomfortable trying to eat this stuff. Not only do I end up consuming more water (cytomax) than I want, but my HR skyrockets because I can't friggin' breath! I've tried smaller intervals (still consuming 1 per hour) and the stuff still somehow ends up lingering around my mouth for hours.

None, thinking of Powerbar if it's a little crunchier/drier.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.