Manitou Prep M Lube Lube

Supension Fork Lube

[Jan 13, 2014]
rfrail3

OVERALL
Strength:

Good perfomace

Expensive

It is a good lube, not have any lithium on it, confirmed by the Motorex by email.

[Aug 06, 2005]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

A great lube for Manitou injection port forks.

A bit pricey at $20/CAN.

So far the only lube I've used on the stock Manitou SX-R that came on my @001 Trek Fuel 90 Disk. I've used it numerous times, it's fast and easy to use with a funky green colour.
Bottom Line: Does an excellent job, so why switch to another or even bother to look for one?!

Bell Teflon fortified grease on my 1996 Rock Shock Quadra 5.
Only used Manitou Prep M Lube on my 2001 Manitou SX-R.

[Jun 01, 2005]
Eric W

OVERALL
Strength:

Excelent penetration of anodised surfaces and rubber seals.
It is a very light grease that will wick up to higher parts of the shock and seals, instead of just sitting at the bottom of a shocks air cylinder.

A bit to light in really hot weather, it can get a little to thin when temps reach 100 F / 40 c.

I still use Prep-M during the cooler months here in the desert, but I prefer the Slick Honey during the summer months.
If someone told me to choose between them, because I would only get to use one, from now on, I'de probably pick the Prep-M. Even though the Prep-M gets a little runny during our hell like summers, its simply a matter of repacking the shock a couple of weeks sooner.
This review is based on the premise that it will be used for repacking suspension components.
If a person wants a more general purpose lube, for wheels bearings ect get the Buzzys Slick Honey.
Personaly I have both in my toolbox.
I don't know where the person below got their Prep-M, but I've been buying the stuff since 2000 and have never had any that was lithium based. As far as I know, its allways been a sinthetic grease.

Later, Eric

Buzzys Slick Honey, which is also a great lube.

[May 09, 2002]
Willis Drummond

OVERALL
Strength:

Seems to work ok on Manitou shocks.

Full of Lithium...bad on every other type of shock.

Maybe OK on Manitou, but definitely don't use it on anything else. I imagine Judy Butter works good for "dry" systems like a SID, but Slick Honey is the best all around. Prep-M is full of lithium too, which isn't good for rubber seals...why does manitou recommend this?

Judy Butter, Slick Honey, Teflon lube.

[Aug 19, 2004]
Erik

OVERALL
Strength:

Very good lube for air shocks and Manitou "injection" shocks. Works great on Fox frameshock rebuilds

This is very good lube and works very well over the longterm.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.