Finish Line Lube Lube

Finish Line Lube

[May 11, 2000]
Bill

OVERALL
Strength:

Great in the dry, long lasting.

Collects dirt if you use too much.

Great lube for all the normal places. Use it sparingly,
wipe off the excess and let it dry. It will go for many
rides in dry, dusty, sandy conditions. Collects very little
dirt, no complaints from my chain or pivots.

White Lightning

[Aug 22, 1999]
Justin
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Lubes the chain pretty well

Not good in dry, dusty conditions

This stuff lubes the chain and pedals pretty good...but they must be cleaned often because so much dirt gets stuck to it

White Lightning, Pedro's Ice Wax

[Jul 23, 1999]
Corey
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

works well in the rain
cool foam action

dirt and junk like to stick to it
hard to clean up after dirt and
junk stick to it

If it's raining and really wet, go with it. Otherwise try something like ice or parrifin based lubes. I find that I have a lot of cleaning to do if I use the finish line stuff, no matter if I use a little or a lot (although it's worse if I use a lot). Sometimes I use it to sort of force me to clean my drive train, it is a good motivational tool. I also really like the cool foaming action that is hard to control. I give it 3 because of the foaming, good rain protection, and the motivation to clean afterwards.

pedros syn lube
pedros ice lube
pedros dry lube
krytech

[Jun 17, 1999]
david Eastwood

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent in wet weather ridding.

sucks when it is sunny eyerything sticks to it.

verey good to use in the rain thats what it is ment for, but in dry conditions its like a vacum for your chain gets way to messy.

finish Line Krytech and teflon fortified lube.

[Jun 17, 1999]
david Eastwood

OVERALL
Strength:

It repels dirt and water super good,and last a very long time.

The best lube out there that i used last long in water and makes my chain super smooth and quiet.

finish Line cross country and Krytech.

[May 08, 1998]
Nat
cross-country rider

OVERALL

I bought the Finish Line lube designed for wet and muddy conditions ( I forget the exact name but it has a green cap). I have never had such maddening chain suck problems in my life. I had to quit midway through three rides because the chain would catch every three to five rotations. I switched to WL and didn't have a single incident. If you want to put motor oil on your chain go to the gas station, look in the garbage, grab a discarded bottle and pour the remainder on your chain don't waste money on this nonesense.Nat

[Apr 27, 1998]
Rusty
cross-country rider

OVERALL

I use this lube for wet weather riding. Wet rides includes shallow creek crossings. though. As soon as you hit some water with wax lubricants they come straight off. It is quieter than wax lubes although it does suck a little more power. In dry, dusty condition I use wax. In the wet I give it 5 stars, in the dry I give it 3. I use finish line krytek for dry rides, although white lightning seems to be as good.

[Jun 24, 1996]
Andreas
weekend warrior

OVERALL

I'm not impressed by this lube at all. It works well for a few days and it doesn't pick up as much dirt as other lubes I've used, but my chain begins to squeak after two or three weeks. It hardly lasts at all. A similar lube called Boeshield (If I remember correctly) lasts a bit longer.

[Nov 15, 1998]
Jordan
racer

OVERALL

I've been using a combination of Finish line products for a while now, which has given me much success. First, I apply the Dry lube (red cap) to clean the parts and then apply the wax. It repels most sand and water. For the chain, I purchased a finish line chain scrubber that works great!!! I award finish line 5 steaming piles of shit.

[Apr 16, 1999]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

*Quiets chains, works well on any part of the bike (cables, seatpost, bottom brackets, pedals, and bolts)*Keeps the chain smooth in any conditions (even in moderate mud and after a quick ride though a stream)

*It seems to get the pulleys of the rear derailleur and the chainrings pretty dirty, but this not a big problem

This product works well and I have not had anything but a smooth chain even in nasty conditions. The dirt seems to fall right off. Unfortunately, the dirt (at least in my case) must fall directly onto the rear derailleur pulleys and the chainrings. After a few relatively dirty rides I have to take a rag or a toothbrush and clean all the dirt off of the pulleys and rings. This is no big deal, and they are as good as new after I clean them, but it gets a little annoying. A 3 for its use as a chainlube and its tendancy to actract dirt to some part of the bike (not the chain though) and a 5 for its wonderful uses on a bike (see strengths, above) so a 4 total.

Various Other lubes

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.