Finish Line Krytech Wax Lube

Best Price At
Available At

Finish Line's WAX Lube goes on wet, but driesTo a hard, dry, super-slick wax film. No oily greasy filmTo attract or absorb dust and dirt. DuPont's metal bonding Krytox® lubricating film in combination with M2 molybdenum, specialized waxes, and more, make our WAX Lube even slicker, quieter and longer lasting. Finish Line WAX Lube is wax lubricationTechnology at its best.SHIPPING RESTRICTIONThis item is classified “ORM-D” and cannot be shipped via air. It can only be shipped via ground shipping me

[Aug 23, 2018]
Cylva

OVERALL
Strength:

Goes on wet, but dries to a nice, shiny finish. Makes the chain and drivetrain silky smooth, but doesn’t pick up sand or other grit. Easy to maintain, just wipe down chain , apply more wax, then wipe off the excess. Lasts for a long time, not much needed per use, a great value!

can occasionally form small clumps around derailleur, but doesn’t affect performance and easily wiped off.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018
[Jul 22, 2015]
gregr3674

OVERALL
Strength:

None. Ok, the cap comes off easily, unlike the stupid child-proof "push down and turn" cap on my bottle of FinishLine Teflon. That's the ONLY strength of this item.

All. It's not dry, it holds dirt, it's only useful for short rides.

Ok, this is supposed to be a DRY lube that creates a wax surface that flakes off? No, it does not do that. It "dries" to a tacky paste like thin grease or room-temperature butter.

You want a good dry flake-off wax film? Buy a box of paraffin wax from the hardware store, melt it in a double-boiler, remove and clean your chain (I use kerosene, but mineral spirits are good too), let the chain dry, then dunk the chain in the melted wax. Let it sit there for an hour or two, then slowly pull it out letting excess drip back down into double boiler. Hang to dry, then put on bike. Done. Now you DO have a proper dry wax film that will flake off. Cheaper, but more involved. And far FAR better!

You wanna know how much I dislike the Finish Line Wax stuff? I took the labels off the bottle so that I'm not reminded of what the junk is while it sits on my shelf waiting for... I don't know what for.

[Oct 02, 2013]
Cosmos

OVERALL
Strength:

Smells good and keeps chain clean..

Due to be very liquid, this lubricant lasts only 20km on a very sunny day. Disappears in an instant and gives the feeling that it does not lubricate anything at all, as I can hear the chain doing noises like being dry for a long time. This must not be considered a chain lubricant ..

Don't buy it if you are going to use it on a chain..

[Sep 06, 2012]
Gleison Storto

OVERALL
Strength:

Keeps the chain clean, smells good.

Does not lube at all. I applied this to an 100% clean Shimano IG chain 3 days in a row and my conclusion is: it did not work. The chain seems to have never been lubed. After applying this lube, I would say it lasts for maximum 1km due to its solvent.
I'm glad I bought the smaller one.

It may work for some types of chain, but for Shimano IG it doesn't.

[Feb 18, 2010]
kique

OVERALL
Strength:

smells good, clean, not too much dust in chain, works on v-brake pivots, and in your tools if you want to keep them lubricated and out of dust. (great for my victorinox knife too) Is so easy to clean the transmision because it doesn´t atracts to much dirt.

short lasting. I´ve got to lube my chain almost every 2 days (3 if I forget). Due to the frecuent use the bottle doesn´t last to much. Only for summer time

I use it in my commuting bike and I lube the chain almost every 2 or 3 days (quite short lasting) however, works because it´s clean. Not to much dirt in chain is good if you´re wearing office trousers (always put your right sock above the trousers when riding, but if you forget...) I usually relay on smell and noise to know if the chain is lubed.
You must have it really clean for first apply and put 3 drops for link (shake the bottle well before). For subsequent applications use a paper towel to clean the chain dust (do not forget the g-pulleys) and apply 1 or 2 drops to each link. DO NOT WIPE THE EXCESS, just let it dry for few minutes.

finish line cross country. The same bottle for ages. Great lubricant, smells good too but it´s more dusty (better for winter time)

[Feb 14, 2002]
Lasse Räsänen

OVERALL
Strength:

Clean
Good idea

Doesn't last
Doesn't work
Expensive
Wasteful applying method

When bying this, I thought that it really would last longer than the oh-so-light-wiscosity sprays. It didn't. And just as said below, a bottle like this seems to be a very wasteful way of applying it, a lot of it ends up in uninteded places. It didn't really work under any circumstances it faced: dry, wet, sandy, muddy...

When using light wiscosity sprays, you have to apply it after each ride. You also have to do this with this wax. The difference between teflon spray and the Krytech wax is that teflon spray is a lot cheaper to use and most of it actually ends on the chain instead of the rug I keep under the chain when lubing it. Telfon spray doesn't attract too much dirt either and at least it keeps your chain lubricated for the duration of a dry ride! WD-40 lubes well, but attracts dirt so I'll just keep using teflon spray...

Teflon spray, WD-40

[Dec 14, 2006]
a jones

OVERALL
Strength:

Great all around lube, keeps the chain and cassette clean, smells good.

If you keep your're bike halfway clean after most rides, than like many other lubes it works great. Don't expect to lube a muddy, gritty chain with this or any other lube and expect it to work miracles. Lube chain before leaving the house if Mountain biking, not right before you get on the trail. It has to dry to work well.

White Lightning, Dumonde (great lube too), Triflow

[Sep 07, 2001]
Igor Dragoslavic

OVERALL
Strength:

Clean, dry, doesn't attract dirt

Doesn't last

I've started using Krytech with my bran new drivetrain. Used it exactly as per instructions. I've religiously applied a new coat for every single ride. I rode 4-5 times a week, every ride taking 2 or 3 hours. In less than 2 months of usage I had 2 races. Through all this period never rained once. The result? Completely destroyed drive train!!! The chain stretched 1/8" per 1'! The cogs and middle chain ring totally worn out!

No wonder. Just think about it, IT IS DRY! As soon as the wax wares out at contact points, what is to flow in to fill the dry spots?

You want a nice clean chain? Don't lubricate it at all, it'll be even better than any wax.

Finish Line-Cross Country and Teflon. Pedro's Ice Wax

[Jun 28, 2006]
Ryan

OVERALL
Strength:

Does not attract dirt, saves wear on drivetrain, and makes shifting smoother. A clean, wax based lube.

Hole in bottle is too small, and would clog, does not last very long, and therefore is a little expensive.

First, i will remind everyone to apply this lube to CLEAN parts. It will not be any good if you do not fully degrease your chain. Was does not stick to grease. Follow directions on the bottle.

Also, this product is designed for dry conditions. Don't expect it to hold up in wet conditions. Finishline makes another product for that.

Well, i needed to make the hole in the bottle larger so that it did not always clog up on me. After that it was easier to apply without making a mess.

This product does not last very long. I don't find much of it left after about 40km. (this is a rough estimate) But, that is good enough for most XC rides i do. I wanted a lube that worked in dry conditions without creating a black grime all over my drivetrain. There are tradeoffs involved. This lube does not attract grime, and is very clean to use, but does not last nearly as long as finishline wet, or several other lubes. Since it does need to be reapplied almost every ride, it gets expensive.

I will try prolink next. It comes highly reccomended.

Finishline wet.

[Jun 22, 2006]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

None! This stuff was terrible.

I didn't like the Krytec Wax Lube at all. It does not last on a long ride. Its good for about 10 miles if your lucky, your chain will sound like its never been lubed at all. Unlike other wax lube products it does not seem to build up enough over time to lube the chain.
Also it runs out of the bottle all too fast making it hard to apply without wasting way too much product.
You also get to pay a premium price too, I found it expesive.

For what you pay this lube delivers little in performance, this product is the next best thing to not having any lube on the chain at all!
When I buy a chain lube I expect it to get me through at least one ride!

White Lightening, Finish Line Dry Lube (Teflon, Finish Line X-country