Trek Ion 3 LED Lights

• Waterproof design

[Nov 09, 2010]
RoadKillen

OVERALL
Strength:

As far as a "be seen" light, it does it's job.

mount/strap is worthless. Hit a pothole and the thing is illuminating your front tire. Not waterproof. The lens was fogged after riding in one rainstorm. There was mud all over the batteries too.

I used this for 3 months for commuting and I was able to go really slow on open trails in the park (trails I was familiar with). I crashed into a jersey barrier (not the light's fault) and broke the mount. I bought a similarly priced Cateye and I'm more happy with the Cateye. I'll give it a 3 chilli "meh" rating.

[Jan 11, 2010]
Z

Strength:

weak light. shorted out after a month from light rain.

do not buy. others in same price range much better.

[Nov 10, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight

Mounting, pretty dim

I've used a lot of Trek products and have been happy with them but I have to say this is the worst light I have ever purchased. It basically is held on with a flat rubber band. I could barely get it to latch onto my handlebar and you can't get it tight enough to stay in place.

Night Rider Trail Rat, Minewt 200, Bell 5 led

[Jan 15, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Gives off good light for it's size.

Not a very wide angle reflector.

I got this for what I believe it's intended use is: riding on a semi-lit street/sidewalk. This thing is hardly ever on my bike. It sits on the table by the front doo with the taillight that came in a package together. I only use it when I'm running over to the mini-mart at night. For that use, it is great. Gives off enough light to help me see in front of me a few feet.

I would never...ever use this on a trail at night. Like stated above, it's good for those trips down semi-lit streets/sidewalks, nothing more. If you have a nie bike, and you are doing serious trail riding at night, spend the money and get some serious lights up front. If you have a road bike that you use on lit streets, or you are like me and just need a little lit for heading to the store, this thing is fine, and it doesn't put a hole in the pocket.

The light gets 4 chilis because it serves it's purpose (or at least what I think it's purpose is) well. Anyone who is trying to use this for ANY sort of off-road or non-lit road riding is foolish.

Other cheap lights.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.