Planet Bike Superflash Stealth Lights

The SuperFlash mode on the Planet Bike Blinky Superflash Taillight is so visible, motorists can even spot it in the daylight. Two eXtreme LEDs match up with a ?-watt Blaze LED for up-to-one-mile-away brightness while you ride. The weatherproof vertical design won?t wimp out when the clouds start spitting on your night adventure, and included bike mounts plus a clip mount provide options for commuting and training rides. Choose between the flashing and steady modes.

[Jul 17, 2011]
Mtbfroggy

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, bright, different flashing modes are good

Forget about riding in wet conditions with this light, the seal is not sufficient; the on-off switch gave out on all three of the units I bought; excessive bumps cause the light to switch among flashing modes. Since this happened with three of them (two bought at the same time, third bought later), I'll bet the other folks who've given these lights a favorable review will have a different tune once they've used them more.

While each of them worked, they were great! But that didn't last...I need a rear blinky that Doesn't Suck, so I'm looking at reviews!

Don't recall brand

[Jun 22, 2011]
EPeff

OVERALL
Strength:

Brightness.
Battery life.
Brightness.
Battery life.

None that I've found.

This is the best bike tail light you can buy, period.

I use this tail light on my SURLY Cross Check that I use for cruising around the streets and bike paths of Austin, and it's perfect for what I need it for. To be seen.

You can get it for $25 online or $30 at a LBS (support your LBS, cmon).

Very bright, you can be seen from a long distance away. The battery life is excellent. Uses simple batteries, and can use rechargeables too.

The Planet Bike Superflash is the best. I opted for the "Stealth" model since my bike is all black, I didn't want a piece of white plastic sticking out like a sore thumb, but I'm picky. I'd also look into the other Superflash models they have too, as the Turbo is even brighter.

Excellent product.

Cat Eye TL-LD150

[Oct 20, 2010]
Jim dandy

OVERALL
Strength:

Compact,adjustable,very bright.

Over very bumpy roads the pivot adjustment may allow the light to tip downward. This being said, I would and have purchased a second light due to it's excellent performance

A must for road riding, flash mode provides for excellent visibility from rearward approaching vehicles.

Planet bike front light.

[Oct 05, 2010]
emraldgtr1

OVERALL
Strength:

Bright, looks good, easy installation.

Power button.

This product is really bright with the 3 LED lights. Push the button once for steady, twice for flash (blink), 3 times for off. It is really easy to install. A buddy of mine has the same tailight. I've road behind him in the road and trail and definitely makes you noticeable to other cyclists and drivers. The only downfall I've noticed is the power button which is quite difficult to push. It appears that the button may easily wear over time. Overall a great tailight for a great price. Purchase it, you won't regret it.

Planet Bike Superflash (original)

[Apr 12, 2010]
Econoline

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, VERY bright, good mounting hardware included, from a standup company (Planet Bike donates 25% of profits to bicycle advocacy)

none yet

I wanted another tail light to run on the SS or beach cruiser for night ops and heard good things about the Planet Bike Superflash. Didn't know the difference between the Superflash and Superflash Stealth but researched it some. The plain SF appears to use white LED's within a red lens. The Stealth model uses red LED's within a clear lens. Both models will appear as red, but I've read reports that the Stealth is noticeably brighter although I cannot confirm that.

Bottom line: More than bright enough. Time will tell as to durability.

Cateye tail lights of various models

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.